David Beckham kiss

washerboy

I think in most cases the so called experts need to have experienced things for themselves before they can comment.

recently I had social services called on me into school for telling my son off. They said he was very upset about being shouted at. After months of enquires the main woman turned up and asked what happened. 

My son had pushed his young sister down the stairs. Luckily she hit the top newel post and had missed the stairs. 

The woman actually agreed I was right . I was gob smacked. She said take his toys / iPad off him for a while , which I already had. She was more than happy with common sense . 

I’m strict but always hug and kiss my kids. I show them rules and love. My kids are wonderful :) 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Most so called experts are self appointed and as such are experts "in their own mind" only!.....some "experts" are just guessers, opinionated idiots and "blaggers" some, maybe know a bit!........But the only expert worth listening to is one who's knowledge and expertise is science based, and those in the same field (their peers) recognise them as an "expert".....The rest are more than likely blaggers, bluffers, weather forecasters and snake oil salesmen!

I suppose it depends what you call expertise in certain areas, one view bellow people can judge if she is a expert for themselves. Others experts disagree with her view on the subject, people have to decide for themselves what they think is appropriate on not.

Dr. Charlotte Reznick has dedicated her life to helping children, adolescents, parents, and professionals. She is a nationally recognized child and educational Psychologist and former UCLA Associate Clinical Professor of Psychology. Upon earning her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Southern California, she was honored with "Dissertation of the Year" for her work on the effects of parental divorce on adolescents.  A doctor has warned parents against kissing their children on the lips, arguing it is “too sexual”.Many parents will see it as a simple sign of parental affection, but Dr Charlotte Reznick has warned the mouth is an erogenous zone which “can be stimulating” and subsequently cause confusion for children.

Ordnance:- well well well!  Here is the precedent of this lady's comments on kissing your children on the lips:

https://en.newsner.com/family/child-psychologists-warning-shouldnt-kiss-kids-mouth/

Very interesting that she was asked at the time when Posh spice was pictured kissing her daughter on the lips a while back.  Her points were made to the Daily Mail (enough said?).  Reading through her comments a bit more; I have the uneasy feeling that what she is attributing to sexual feelings generated in young children due to kissing on the lips is perhaps some issue within herself that should have been kept there and not given out to give concern to parents and family members.

If you read down that article a bit more, there is a totally different view given by another professional woman immediately after that.

I hope this is of some help.

Pushkin😎