USA v FRANCE....

ditchman

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

a lot of diving going on which is really spoiling a good match....and a lot of fake falls................ref should get on top of it.............

That's what I've been thinking. It's annoying isn't it, but I did kind of expect it. This USA team has a number of egos in it.

France need to do something with all this possession; thus far they've been so wasteful.

christ its a fast game.........both teams are really fit...........

5 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

I think a lot of blokes were hoping to get on top of the ref while the other ladies are diving.  

I don't know what that means, but it's what the men around me are saying in the pub.

DIVA DIVERS.:lol:

i know vinnie jones didnt win any prises in the beauty stakes.............but one of them french forwards looks like a bloody yeti...:w00t:

Edited by ditchman

Shame, it's exactly that reason I never watch men's football. Falling over pretending they're hurt all the time.

I like watching the women's football because they do just play football and if they do fall over then they just get up and play on. Not this lot, dragging the game down☹️

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

christ its a fast game.........both teams are really fit...........

DIVA DIVERS.

i know vinnie jones didnt win any prises in the beauty stakes.............but one of them french forwards looks like a bloody yeti...

I thought it was Grace Jones at first out of the james bond films

Edited by Rim Fire

Commented to my wife that some women players were like men and lots of male football players are like women.

Too much diving and foul play, hoped women's football would be cleaner and better to watch. It wasn't, the officials need to get a grip of it and view the games after and issue fines and match bans.

24 minutes ago, figgy said:

Commented to my wife that some women players were like men and lots of male football players are like women.

Too much diving and foul play, hoped women's football would be cleaner and better to watch. It wasn't, the officials need to get a grip of it and view the games after and issue fines and match bans.

a frustrating match from that point. The reffing was very good tonight - except with the issue of diving! I think we can take this USA team. Should be a good match though; three players tied for the Golden Boot and all of them will be in that semi!

8 hours ago, figgy said:

Commented to my wife that some women players were like men 

That's always been the elephant in the room with women who play traditionally male, or very physical sports. So now, in these more liberal times, do we discuss whether it gives them an unfair advantage over other women players? Or is it non PC to mention it?

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That's always been the elephant in the room with women who play traditionally male, or very physical sports. So now, in these more liberal times, do we discuss whether it gives them an unfair advantage over other women players? Or is it non PC to mention it?

No it hasn't. 

No it doesn't.

No it isn't.

It's just what people choose to look like or choose to play and what's useful in their field. There's no sense of an unfair advantage, just personal choice. Excluding issues of natural levels of testosterone, which is a tiny, tiny TINY percentage of individuals - and the only two issues have been in athletics, not 'traditionally male (whatever that means)', it's purely a matter of choice. There seems to be a higher proportion of lesbians in women's sport than in other sectors, but nobody really cares. no sense of an unfair advantage, just a trait. 

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

another good match ...just watched.....Holand v Italia.....................

getting into all this now.......................germany on at 5.15...........

Good stuff, isn't it? This Germany vs Sweden has a bit of spice to it. Sweden are desperate to avenge a few cruel defeats at the hands of ze Germans. Like our men's team, it has often been Germany knocking Sweden out of major tournaments. 

I think our hardest opponent will be the Semis. Win that and whoever we play in the final, I make us favourites

I wish i was at Glastonbury...........:bye2:

im watching the germany match..............................really i dont give a toss who wins.............i just really enjoy watching all the teams play........:good:

Edited by ditchman

Must admit I have not watched men’s football for a very long time, but I have watched a couple of the woman’s matches and enjoyed watching them, just hope they don’t go the same way as men’s football once they have a bit of fame and fortune.