Horseflies again

mel b3

Evening gents.

Been doing a bit of work in the woodland today , and managed to get two horsefly bites, and a wasp sting 😢, it's the first time they've been a problem this year. Is anyone else getting bothered by them with the warmer weather? .

6 hours ago, figgy said:

Not horseflies but midge and mozzies. Wet and warm is ideal breeding grounds for the blighters.

Wasp numbers seem to have gone down lately.

Hate horsefly bites they sting when they bite and itch for days.

The midges were swarming when we got there ,and swarming when we left,but they hardly bothered us at all,  we've been using anti mozzie and midge wipes from pound land, and Avon skin so soft , my Mrs has also been using some lavender concoction , the midges just die when they land on my skin lol.

12 minutes ago, BobbyGee said:

Three horseflies and three ticks in the last few days, the horseflies in the back garden and I suspect that the ticks got on me as I walked through some long grass where the deer have been.

Baggots Park, Leicester is bad at the moment for ticks.  If your walking your dog in there check them over afterwrds.  We see horse flies at the bottom of our wood each year but not so far this year.  Midges where out in the wood Wednesday morning and thought I was in for it as I had not taken repellant but a cold breeze got up and they vanished.

Horseflies last week end when working on a pen, 2 bites still itching. Ticks, a good friend got bitten by one earlier in the year, New Forest, she has been very ill, has had 2 blood transfusions and is still not fit. Not Limes but something just as nasty. Take care out there!

We use a mixture of skin so soft and citronella oil

I get seriously adverse reaction to  horsefly bites".....think hospital!

anyway we found this in Superdrug .....brilliant remedy if they get through the deterrents. I keep,one in the van and one in the cartridge bag

image.jpg.900929c587b07210ef3f3b00d149f31c.jpg

I use DDT spray from boots when I go out. I'm a bit of a magnet for horseflies and the spray works magic, they literally BOUNCE off you as soon as they touch you. Make sure to cover all areas including neck, under/back of your hands/arms, hairline etc.

1 hour ago, clakk said:

P.M me your address Mel i,l pop you 1 in the post you n Lin been more than generous my way on atb 

That's extremely generous of you , thank you very much. 

Will it be ok to tell lin that she has to wear it as her face offends normal people? 😅.

It's lucky for me that she has a very good sense of humour 😆. 

12 hours ago, Diver One said:

We use a mixture of skin so soft and citronella oil

I get seriously adverse reaction to  horsefly bites".....think hospital!

anyway we found this in Superdrug .....brilliant remedy if they get through the deterrents. I keep,one in the van and one in the cartridge bag

image.jpg.900929c587b07210ef3f3b00d149f31c.jpg

You and me mate.i have that in the van,anti histamine and go straight to the doctors for a course of anti biotics,there bites swell up to the size of a golf ball and weep,my leg nearly doubled in size last time I got bitten.Hate them.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Will it be ok to tell lin that she has to wear it as her face offends normal people? 😅.

She married You Mel ,she,s gotta be game for a laugh:P

One of the lads of the office had to to to the hospital due a a problem with a tit bite.......

after a bit of head scratching and his return to work I drew the short straw to get the story. 

It was a TICK bite but on account of his accent every time he mentioned it it was a tit bite.

provided hours of entertainment but it took weeks for him to be right. 

12 hours ago, mel b3 said:

....and she has a very nice face .... I'll report you ......

She needs a good sense of humour married to you:yay:

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

....and she has a very nice face .... I'll report you ......

She needs a good sense of humour married to you:yay:

I often mention that she has a face that would stop a clock 😅.

I'm very very lucky ,not many women would put up with my constant mickey taking,and constantly asking for food 😅. I'm also lucky that she can make me new trousers when I get too fat for my old ones 😅.