QI book of facts.

fatchap

Been reading this book as I like to bore me mates over the pub with trivia. Anyway some of the facts are pretty unbelievable and I'm kinda thinking made up for the book.

For instance....

Horses have 5 hearts????

The longest river in the world is..........10,000 ft up in the sky.

There is an underwater waterfall just off the coast of Norway.

The ozone layer contains no ozone???

All dogs take a dump facing North as do wolves and wild dogs.

The Taj Mahal is held together with fruit juice and egg whites.

Disney use more explosives each year than the Army does in 5 years.

All Jack Russell's yes all of them are descended from one dog called "Trump"

Seriously the above are just made up they can no way be true especially the Taj Mahal, There are actually 2014 fascinating facts in this book some of them are pretty believable but that lot above..........nah!!!

There is an underwater waterfall in St John's New Brunswick. It has some of the highest tidal range in the world and as the tide drops the waterfall becomes visible, there is also the Falls of Lara in Scotland at Connell bridge but it is nothing compared to Canada.

None of the horses I've looked at had 5 hearts. They do have 5 pumps, the heart and the frog in each hoof. 

Think the river one is a bit stretch but there  system where water vapour is moved around the world in the sky that supposedly moves more water than any river on land.

the "water fall" is where a lot of the cold, fresh melt water from the arctic flows under the salt water of the sea and in to a trench. 

pretty sure the ozone layer does contain ozone, if its more or less than the rest of the atmosphere I don't know.

My dogs **** in any direction they want 

I seem to remember making a sort of glue at school out of egg white, so that could be true ish.

as for the amount of explosives Disney use not a clue but they do have a lot of fireworks 

I'm sure that all jack russells started with 2 dogs 

5 hours ago, fatchap said:

How can it be physically possible to have a waterfall underwater? Cant get me head round it. 

It's underwater for the period of highwater until it gets uncovered and is a waterfall until covered again by the rising tide. The whirlpools are something else too!

Edited by henry d

5 hours ago, bluesj said:

None of the horses I've looked at had 5 hearts. They do have 5 pumps, the heart and the frog in each hoof. 

Think the river one is a bit stretch but there  system where water vapour is moved around the world in the sky that supposedly moves more water than any river on land.

the "water fall" is where a lot of the cold, fresh melt water from the arctic flows under the salt water of the sea and in to a trench. 

pretty sure the ozone layer does contain ozone, if its more or less than the rest of the atmosphere I don't know.

My dogs **** in any direction they want 

I seem to remember making a sort of glue at school out of egg white, so that could be true ish.

as for the amount of explosives Disney use not a clue but they do have a lot of fireworks 

I'm sure that all jack russells started with 2 dogs 

2 dogs can't procreate.......one must be a bitch! Lol!

A pint glass full of powdered Botox dropped from the sky is enough to kill all living organisms on the planet. 

Danny Baker taught us all of this guff long ago. Probably all not relevant now, ” ‘cause  ‘ims a racist innit, bro.”

“ ‘cause ‘I’ms a racist, innit bro

All of the facts will be true, but perhaps not in the literal sense that we might consider them.

The atmospheric river is definitely true, the residents of Cumbria from 2009 and 2015 will vouch for evidence of that as that was the principle cause of the flooding in both years.  Warm and very moisture laden air trapped up in the flow of the jet stream and it brought an 'atmospheric river' pretty much from the Gulf of Mexico straight to Cockermouth.

I had heard the fact about dogs aligning north to take a dump a couple of years ago and have paid attention to my two ever since, i would say 85% of the time they are broadly aligned north south which is bizarre.

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Nymphs,  lymphs,    Synchs,  Synths  to name but a few.

Bum

update

there are many many many words in the English language that have 6 letters and contain no vowels BUT ( as far as I know 😂) there is only one that contains the letter Y 3 times