Growing your own

team tractor

hello, when i was your daughters age so many years ago now :rolleyes: we use to visit my grand parents on my fathers side and him being a retired gardener for some big house in sussex  his garden was an array of fruit and veg more so in june  as was strawberry time and allowed to go and pick some for tea, this was early/mid 1950s not many got to the table ha ha

1 hour ago, Down South said:

Love it. My 3 year old grand son helped pick strawberries yesterday, they never got to the kitchen, all eaten as he went. He then found the little wild strawberries , same fate. 

Many don’t reach the kitchen trust me :) she’s started on the peas now too 

52 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, when i was your daughters age so many years ago now  we use to visit my grand parents on my fathers side and him being a retired gardener for some big house in sussex  his garden was an array of fruit and veg more so in june  as was strawberry time and allowed to go and pick some for tea, this was early/mid 1950s not many got to the table ha ha

My grandad used to have a massive vegy patch but I was more interested in the trains at the bottom. 

My kids have started to munch on the peas too

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

Many don’t reach the kitchen trust me  she’s started on the peas now too 

My grandad used to have a massive vegy patch but I was more interested in the trains at the bottom. 

My kids have started to munch on the peas too

hello, i have not been blesses with grand children but thats another part of life, sounds like a nice happy family life TT

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

It is most of the time. Ex’s and 2 kids living else where is hard going. Weeks without talking 

hello, i know how it is TT, you can only do your best, they grow up fast so make the time when with you and wife happy times, and looking at the photos i can see your both doing great !!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve grown peas again this year - I know very well none of them will hit the table as my kids eat them straight off the plant but I couldnt care less! Same goes for the carrots (although they wash them first of course)

Makes me laugh as the kids think they’re doing it surreptitiously but secretly it’s me who’s won 😂😂