A couple times a year Demacrats and Republicans put aside their differences to fire guns into the air.

15 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I’m well aware of how safe black powder is🙄  especially when it’s mixed with the contents of fire works 

the standard load for one of my old guns is 3ounces of it 

not telling anyone how to raise there kids just saying there should be a modicum of safety applied to ensure they do grow up with all their limbs hearing and eye sight 

iv seen too many traditions stooped because the few have messed it up for the many 

All the best 

of 

Yeah,  I know you wasn’t saying that.  I was trying to word it in a way that nobody would take offense.  

12 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Yup 

i understand tradition 

however kids with no ear or eye protection? = stupidity 

loading a antique gun beyond capacity = stupidity 

along with firing it next to a fuel pump questionable mentality

hopefully everyone survives this day of celebration

thanks for sharing

There free to make there own decisions and the resulting natural selection that is lost with enforced health and safty

2 hours ago, mossy835 said:

i know you enjoy the 4TH july, iv been on the farm there and its party and guns all day, have fun

Yep,  I hate I’m going to miss it this year.  I will be at the coast fishing.  But it will be on New Years Day also. 

1 hour ago, K85 said:

There free to make there own decisions and the resulting natural selection that is lost with enforced health and safty

I honestly can’t recall anyone ever getting hurt.  Some busted guns and a small bleeding but never ambulance ride hurt. People sometimes pass out because of the heat mixed with alcohol but nothing explosion related.  

Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety, including those they mentor, tutor, manage or supervise! Health and safety regs are there to protect everyone, except those that can be proven responsible for an accident!.....but it can smack a bit of the "nanny state"

If PSE is available, it is up to the individual whether he uses it! But if he chooses not to........responsibility should lie with him!....and that is not always the case!

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety, including those they mentor, tutor, manage or supervise! Health and safety regs are there to protect everyone, except those that can be proven responsible for an accident!.....but it can smack a bit of the "nanny state"

If PSE is available, it is up to the individual whether he uses it! But if he chooses not to........responsibility should lie with him!....and that is not always the case!

Exactly,  some people wear it, some do not.  I would never force someone else to do something hey didn’t want to do.  

9 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Exactly,  some people wear it, some do not.  I would never force someone else to do something hey didn’t want to do.  

I hav a beared. And i carnt work on some building sites because i might hav to wear a full fitting dust mask. It should be my choice but nanny state wraps us in cotton wool

That sucks,  when I worked at Frito-lay they started making us wear beard nets.  It’s was horrible!  They said we would have to shave to avoid wearing one which was bull**** because our boss lady had a good 1/4in goatee.  But they where scared to asked her to were one.  I told them that any man that shaved his beard for a job didn’t deserve the beard or the job.  I quickly found new employement. 

On 30/06/2019 at 01:25, NoBodyImportant said:

Yea,  like I said it’s every hour on the hour.  So if your in a store you walk out and pop one off in the parking lot.  

If I owned that gas station, I might hit the pump isolator (fireman’s switch) just before they start popping…

Looks like a great tradition, reminds me of the Simpson’s quote “Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it…”

Seems far more family friendly than the British tradition of chavs letting off fireworks in the street for most of the month of November.