Shotgun In Motorhome

Afternoon all,

Looking for some advice. We are soon to go away for a couple of nights in a motorhome. Close by the site we are staying is a clay ground I want to try on the way home. Where would I stand with keeping the gun in the motorhome for a couple of days? Obviously it will be kept out of sight but wouldn’t be able to be kept in any sort of actual cabinet. The ground is smaden head if anybody is familiar with it.

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Just get on and do it; you’re doing nothing wrong. 

Absolutely this! 

However, you should still take reasonable precaution.

I (an I think surely most) would consider it reasonable to take the gun apart when going out. If you do have an option, take a key park with you? 

When staying at my mums and having to go out, I would be happy leaving the barrels at home (alone they are just a bit of metal pipe) and taking the action with me somewhere if possible etc. I imagine you could quite easily take the fore-end out with you somewhere without too much hassle? 

If you can securely lock part of the gun to a solid clamp or something in the caravan this would also be reasonable (only my opinion). 

A cabinet which has the whole gun inside but is not properly installed would be far worse than separating the relevant bits & hiding them in various places. Take the cabinet & you have the gun. You can bet anyone entering a mobile home with nefarious intent will know of all the likely hiding places to search.

You could keep the action in the boot of your car, for example. Obvs be very discreet when taking the gun off to the shoot & returning.