Gun fitting - where to go?

discobob

Hi

i have bought a new F3 but have the following things

1. The stock is slightly short and it is causing my hand to move up the pistol grip and I am then having too much finger on the trigger. I was aware of the length when I bought it

2. After shooting at sporting with it I found that anything any distance out I couldn’t connect with so I pattern plated it to find it is shooting left of centre (about 90%)

however it is fine shooting Skeet except for me clawing the trigger which a couple of times has caused me to not release fully for the second shot. 

So, now I am wanting to get a full gun fit done and I am looking for recommendations. I am based near Chester and would be prepared to travel for up to 2 hours to someone to get it done right

I'd say somewhere with a tri gun. Orston have just advertised they have one, that might be 15 minute too far for you. AGL are probably too far from you, but it's where I went last time I wanted to address something slightly more complex.

42 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

I'd say somewhere with a tri gun. Orston have just advertised they have one, that might be 15 minute too far for you. AGL are probably too far from you, but it's where I went last time I wanted to address something slightly more complex.

AGL?? Don’t know that

1 hour ago, vmaxphil said:

Is Tim Greenwood to far in Shropshire?

I wouldn’t have thought so - I can hit the edge of Shropshire in 20 minutes or so

9 hours ago, Wingman said:

Another vote for Atkins Grant and Lang (AGL) had my Perazzi fitted there they did a superb job. Sometimes they run a fitting while you wait worth checking their websites. 

4 hours ago, ehb102 said:

More than three hours from Chester, near the bottom of the M1 in Markyate.

The tri gun is the bit that's worth looking at IMHO.

I’m done at Silverstone F1 in 10 days which I don’t suppose is that far away however I wouldn’t feel happy taking gun with me as camping there for 4 nights - and RFDing it back would be problematic as I am just renewing my certificate

6 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Sorry but why did you spend so much money on a gun that doesn't fit?

Possible that nothing would fit the op due to his build or eye dominance 

most will need to have a gun that fits altered as they reach 40 years old as there eyes change to more central vision 

we are in a time of mass production of shotguns making a nice new gun affordable with a minimal cost of a bit of gun fitting they almost become a bespoke gun 

all the best 

of 

Hi Steve,

No I haven’t but two shooters in our club had there guns fitted and altered by them and they were more than happy. I am hoping to go in August to have mine checked. I don’t think you need an appointment, you just turn up and they fit you for the initial fitting check. They can also do the alterations at the shop. They also have a pattern plate on the premises . Might be worth a phone call.

yes the bag was fine, he was more than happy with it. Thanks

14 hours ago, Wingman said:

Another vote for Atkins Grant and Lang (AGL) had my Perazzi fitted there they did a superb job. Sometimes they run a fitting while you wait worth checking their websites. 

Did you know the adjustments needed or do they work that out and then fit / adjust it for you? 

Total cost if you don’t mind disclosing? 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Did you know the adjustments needed or do they work that out and then fit / adjust it for you? 

Total cost if you don’t mind disclosing? 👍🏻

I didnt have the measurements and I think it around 200 quid with a new recoil pad supplied and fitted. 

13 hours ago, Wingman said:

Sorry but why did you spend so much money on a gun that doesn't fit?

Having shot several times with my friends (old) F3 I liked it and it fitted very well - I was fully aware that there was a good chance that I would require getting alterations made as the chances of getting one off the peg were slim due to my build (I need to start that diet soon!!) and this gun was at a very good price which meant I got a new F3 for the price of second hand - so I have more than enough leeway to get this done. As it was a new gun there was no facility for me to try - and the shop I bought from wasn't on a shooting ground anyway

Another ground for consideration near to you is Mickley Hall just outside of Nantwich.

A great ground and Scott and John are ex England shooters and have an extensive knowledge of all things shotgun. They did a fitting for me which was free but only by chance it happened to fit me already but worth giving them a call or visit in the first instance I would say.