22lr Dustshot

14 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Worst waste of money ive done. It took 5 shots through my brno to hit a pint carton at 3 yards. I honestly thought i was firing blanks 😂

Story of my (game shooting) life right there !

As you can see from the picture, the box is full, have never fired any of them - was given them a few years ago. 

Might have to get a plastic milk carton and see what it can do ...

Edited by robbiep

21 minutes ago, robbiep said:

Story of my (game shooting) life right there !

As you can see from the picture, the box is full, have never fired any of them - was given them a few years ago. 

Might have to get a plastic milk carton and see what it can do ...

You will be disappointed. The most lethal thing you could do with one of those is fire the whole thing at the milk carton with a catapult. 

Im going to try the rice option as and when needed. 

16 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Worst waste of money ive done. It took 5 shots through my brno to hit a pint carton at 3 yards. I honestly thought i was firing blanks 😂

As mentioned before, if you try shooting these through a rifled barrel, the shot gets flung out and forms a hollow circular pattern, so you’d need to aim off centre to hit anything.

I’m sure they’d form a decent pattern through a .22 smoothbore but have never owned one.

Well, all I can say is that way back in the late 1940s and early 1950s the rats did not appreciate a load of rice from my grandfathers 16 gauge, an oldie that he kept just for that job.  All of our sheds had tiles and supported by large wooden beams running the whole length.  The mixing shed was between the two where all corn, chaff and concentrates where stored. Rat heaven.

As said if indoors wear ear muffs. As a 8 -9yr old I was fascinated watching him open the cartridges on the kitchen table and replacing with rice and could not wait to get handed the torch and a hurrican lamp to light the way around the yard and buildings.  We had what was then a big herd of milking cows, two sheds full, totalling around 28:lol:  How things have changed.

Edited by Walker570