A couple of my favorite guns

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Are they all your personal collection or are you perhaps the armourer for the national guard?😉

Lol, nope.  Just lowly third shift tool and die maker. You would be surprised at how many guns are in America.  Away from the liberal cities every owns a gun.  I mean everyone.  Even Democrats.  Most of the world hears the 1.6 guns per US citizen but that number is legal store bought guns. There are millions guns that were sold before they kept records.  They are millions coming in illegally.  They are millions of homemade guns.  Everyone I know has a no serial number AR15.  Hell I made them with handdrill and chisels.  It’s not illegal to own a homade gun with zero numbers as long as you don’t sell it.  Everyone has one.  

5B4EF0A7-43C4-4878-A68E-4EB719F13F03.jpeg

13 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Oh yes sir,  I have a few.  My new CZ bob white is my new bird gun,  At least I’m going to try this season.   We don’t have the luxury of shooting birds all year.  We have to wait to fall.  I actually found this sight as I am on a few SXS fan pages and quite a few pictures was linked to the SXS thread on pigeonwatch.  I  like shooting birds so I joined up.  In America duck hunting is huge so is deer.  But doves hunters are almost nonexistent.  Sxs and overunders are dying over here as everyone wants the latest black plastic shotgun with a rail on top and a flashlight. 

8EC44FEA-2812-4357-BAD3-2C45227E8A47.jpeg.514d28afd00762d2ae7af41124daaf76.jpeg

I was thinking more of the English "Best" guns which I find a pleasure to use and aesthetically beautiful, the utilitarian guns are more a "tool" they do the job, in fact I often use a "plastic pig" for amongst other disciplines, Wildfowling.......but I don't get the same pleasure from using them!.........But then again I'm old school! Lol!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

I was thinking more of the English "Best" guns which I find a pleasure to use and aesthetically beautiful, the utilitarian guns are more a "tool" they do the job, in fact I often use a "plastic pig" for amongst other disciplines, Wildfowling.......but I don't get the same pleasure from using them!.........But then again I'm old school! Lol!

I’m the same way,  I’m a traditionalist.  Sometimes I will go out in the woods and cook breakfast or dinner by lantern light over a fire

34738D2C-50EB-413A-94F3-8A75C6A338D8.jpeg

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It’s the most unreliable piece of **** I have ever owned. But I will die with it because I am a idiot and it is the most fun you can have behind the wheel.  My gravel driveway has so much oil on it that it’s turning to asphalt.  

😅😅😅 you've just described every landrover that ever lived 😅😅😅

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I have a love hate relationship with AR15s. They are probably the best designed rifle every made.  But they are boringly reliable and crazy accurate.  The straight line action removes all recoil and with the righ optic they are super easy to aim and fire.  They are boring at the range but I love them as a tool.  

This one rides in my truck.  

ae38R4r.jpg

A Enfield rides in the Landy 

8z27LKt.jpg

Nice to see an Enfield made it into the collection.

9 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

With a Jeep and a LandRover in the driveway I have to borrow my wife’s Tacoma to drive to the auto parts store to make repairs. 

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Nice to see an Enfield made it into the collection.

Back in the early 2000s Roses department store had endfields, sks, and mosin nagants in barrels for $69 buy two get one free.  I bought a all three for $138.  😂.  If I only had a time machine.   Back then I could get Canadian surplus 303 for 7 cent each.  I would fire them into the lake to watch it splash.  

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The Colt with a triangle handguard was made in 1971.  It’s in very good shape for its age.  I will try to get a better picture when I get homeD4MVTt6.jpg

Yes!   They are amazing little guns.  Mine is IBM.  It’s at the coast but I will snag a picture next time I’m down.  It’s beat to **** though. 

The Colt A4.  It has the 2 shot burst trigger.  

Wz56qrx.jpg

I was watched something on the telly about them the other then then started getting interested in them so followed up with a couple videos on thr forgotten guns YouTube channel. From what I gathered they were pretty marmite but I think they look the dogs danglies. 

7 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I was watched something on the telly about them the other then then started getting interested in them so followed up with a couple videos on thr forgotten guns YouTube channel. From what I gathered they were pretty marmite but I think they look the dogs danglies. 

The thing about the early M16 while being introduced was the US was rushing to get them into Vietnam.  The M16 was introduced as a non fouling design and was not issued with cleaning kits.  Being non fouling doesn’t mean that environment dirt can’t jam them.  Vietnam was not the test lab environment that the jungles where.  The other thing was US switched from stick powder to ball powder which is a different pressure when burning.  But nowadays with chrome lined barrel and a gasport designed for ball powder they will run forever.  

8 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi do you have a winchester model 70    i have the .243 featherweight compact  very nice rifles

I do not,  I like them though I have never shot one. But all Winchesters are nice normally. I ended up with a couple hundred rounds of .243 but I never had a gun to fire them.  Have you ever heard of the Winchester house?  The wife of Winchester thought ghost where coming after her so to confuse the ghost she had a full time staff of 7 carpenters change the layout of her mansion 24hours a day.  There are stairs to nowhere, hallways that dead ended and doors on ceilings. Sometimes she had hundreds of workers to renovate one room in a day. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

I only noticed one 1911 I think. I’ve never shot, living in the UK but it’s the one hand gun I would definitely have if I lived in the states and could own one. Which would you say is your favourite hand gun and by association, which round?

9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, colt 45, .357 magnum, 38 special etc?

19 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

I only noticed one 1911 I think. I’ve never shot, living in the UK but it’s the one hand gun I would definitely have if I lived in the states and could own one. Which would you say is your favourite hand gun and by association, which round?

9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, colt 45, .357 magnum, 38 special etc?

The 1911 is a amazing handgun the same way a 1969 Camaro is today.  It’s fun and nostalgic but it isn’t got a chance against a 2019 6 cylinder Ford Mustang.  The Glock19 is the most reliable, and the beretta is the most natural to point.  But I am a 9mm lover at heart.  9mm is dirt cheap compared to other rounds here.  I can get 1000 rds for $160 vs $300 for 45acp.  So I shoot more 9mm therefore I shoot my 9mm guns better.  I like 357 and 44 mag but they can be hell on the wrist.  If I am target shooting I’m shooting 9 or 22.  If the revolvers come out it’s for 50rd box and back to the safe as they are expensive and am on the poor side of the spectrum.  I stay away from wild calibers to keep ammo cost down as I shoot a couple thousand rounds a month between the wife, kid, and I. 

19 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

she must have been a bit of a fruit cake  that house would be very annoying to live in,   i ussed to have a calico  .22 semi auto  100 rnd magazine  fun to shoot but a pain to reload

Oh she was nuts,  you should look up some pictures.  160 rooms and like 2000 doors.  She wanted walls paneled in cedar but faux finished in maple.  She would change paint colors daily.  The was  at one point a toilet half way up a staircase.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Just now, DUNKS said:

Meanwhile we Brits play with air guns!!!

I’m actually petted jealous of your gun culture.  You guys pretty much give guns away when you sale them.  Some of the prices hurt my feelings.  I have literally saw you guys sale $900 dollar SXSs for like $100.    

We don’t have a good used market as guns are held onto for generations.  You never see high ends guns come up forsale and if you do you have to pay more then what they are worth. 

True the bottom seems to have fallen out of the old side by side market. Except of course for a few specials.

I keep having to buy them to stop you lot taking them across the big pond.

Are these what you mean.

1895 Ellis

1890 Daintith.

And a 1976 Armas Garbi that nobody wanted.

ELLIS 2 015.JPG

DAINTITH_BARRELS_010.JPG

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The thing about the early M16 while being introduced was the US was rushing to get them into Vietnam.  The M16 was introduced as a non fouling design and was not issued with cleaning kits.  Being non fouling doesn’t mean that environment dirt can’t jam them.  Vietnam was not the test lab environment that the jungles where.  The other thing was US switched from stick powder to ball powder which is a different pressure when burning.  But nowadays with chrome lined barrel and a gasport designed for ball powder they will run forever.  

Ahh sorry no I meant the m1/2 carbine 

I know the m16 wasn't particularly popular either, Mattel 16 wasn't it lol? 

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ahh sorry no I meant the m1/2 carbine 

I know the m16 wasn't particularly popular either, Mattel 16 wasn't it lol? 

Yea the m1 and it’s 30cal carbine round was supposedly under powered for shooting opioid laced Chinese in 4 layers of coats in -10 weather.  But that’s be proven false.  Mostly the bullets bouncing off stories come from starving Chinese men that are 10in wide but wearing 30in of clothing in the cold.  The bullets simply pass through the coats missing the small dude underneath.  It’s been tested time and time again and the 30cal can pass through 10 coats on a ballistic gel block.  

8 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

GARBI 022.JPG

That’s incredible. 

13 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

True the bottom seems to have fallen out of the old side by side market. Except of course for a few specials.

I keep having to buy them to stop you lot taking them across the big pond.

Are these what you mean.

1895 Ellis

1890 Daintith.

And a 1976 Armas Garbi that nobody wanted.

ELLIS 2 015.JPG

DAINTITH_BARRELS_010.JPG

Fabulous,  that stuff was just doesn’t exist over here, if it did it was cutdown and camouflaged in the 70s. 

1 minute ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yea the m1 and it’s 30cal carbine round was supposedly under powered for shooting opioid laced Chinese in 4 layers of coats in -10 weather.  But that’s be proven false.  Mostly the bullets bouncing off stories come from starving Chinese men that are 10in wide but wearing 30in of clothing in the cold.  The bullets simply pass through the coats missing the small dude underneath.  It’s been tested time and time again and the 30cal can pass through 10 coats on a ballistic gel block.  

That’s incredible. 

Id seen somewhere else that the men on the ground liked them as they tended to tumble on impact at short range rather than pass straight through. 

Ive seen them over here in  .22lr form.