Wanted: 17 Remington Cases.

mick miller

Hello, I would like to add the 17 remington to my collection of custom funnel designs, seems a likely candidate as I already found most 17 caliber funnels lacking for reloading, especially for 17 hornet.

Therefore I would like to purchase & cover the post for, a single fired case (unsized) and a single sized case (fired, sized, trimmed to SAAMI). Anyone shoot this caliber that could help out?

TIA, Mick.

I don't get static - and the Varget usually goes through OK with a bit of rattling and tapping the case while holding the funnel to it. I did buy a specific 17cal funnel.

To be realistic I only use the 17REM maybe once a year or so - and fifty rounds last me several years after finding the right combination. I only bought the 17REM because our FLD would not condition ANY rimfire cal for fox, I had asked for a WMR barrel for my Sako Quad to be conditioned but rules is rules.

Had a funnel which came in a kit I purchased 30yrs ago in the States and is for 17 cal cases, it is plastic.  I also use a ball powder  H322 works very well in my 16 1/2 inch SSK barrel with a 25g projectile.  Like all 17s reloading you just need to slow down and be patient.

Just digging some cases out for you, hope to ship them off before the wekend.

Edited by Walker570

12 hours ago, Dougy said:

Mick, why would it fit my 17 rem.case neck and not any other ? Im confused  

Case neck on the hornet is thin and tiny. I've tried them all and they're all wobbly and gash. That's why I made my own, then realised loads of other calibers suffer the same issues. Poor tolerances etc.

I would wager you are referring to a Satern funnel (?) which for 17 hornet are truly, epically gash.

EDIT: Sorry Dougy, my mistake, you're referring to his billet aluminium funnels. I have to say, they look brilliant. But... how much? My funnels are just £10 per caibre and then a further £7 for each additional. Not many people reload for more than 3 or 4 calibers, so that's £24 versus?

Edited by mick miller

On 04/07/2019 at 11:19, Dougy said:

Fox firearms do funnels for the 17s, had mine from there and beinf alli you dont get static..

I had static when using my funnel for my .22 Hornet. I took advice and rubbed the inside of the funnel with a tumble dryer sheet, and it solved the problem.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I had static when using my funnel for my .22 Hornet. I took advice and rubbed the inside of the funnel with a tumble dryer sheet, and it solved the problem.

Thanks Steve, i used electro cleaner on the plastic ones now and again which cures the problem , but it was only an issue with CFE223 H380 and BLc2.