Humane Dispatch

Prospero

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Looks like fake news to me...... 

😂

It is contested.  There is a rumor the bear was caught in a illegal trap and she just shot it.  Witnesses noted a damaged leg and bullet holes in the back of the head.  

Sheand the witnesses stated that the bear dropped with one shot.  But then she approached and fired 9 more times and close range. 

56619DC8-0133-43A4-A909-984447742B12.jpeg

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It is contested.  There is a rumor the bear was caught in a illegal trap and she just shot it.  Witnesses noted a damaged leg and bullet holes in the back of the head.  

Sheand the witnesses stated that the bear dropped with one shot.  But then she approached and fired 9 more times and close range. 

56619DC8-0133-43A4-A909-984447742B12.jpeg

From what I understand of the .22 it probably had the power to enter but not exit. I had read about it being referred to as an assassin's cabilre for that reason. Get in, bounces around and makes a big mess. Not sure how muxh truth there is in it though. 

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

From what I understand of the .22 it probably had the power to enter but not exit. I had read about it being referred to as an assassin's cabilre for that reason. Get in, bounces around and makes a big mess. Not sure how muxh truth there is in it though. 

It’s goes clean through a cows head.  But that is a rifle from 2ft away. 

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Joe Kenda (American Detective retired, has a show on TV) calls the .22 caliber exactly that, for that reason.

Just now, Prospero said:

Joe Kenda (American Detective retired, has a show on TV) calls the .22 caliber exactly that, for that reason.

Ahh that's probably where I got it from then. 

I wouldn't have said the bear shot was impossible, probably a large pinch of luck to go with the skill. 

Thanks for the info 👍 

,22 less recoil very accurate, less prone to pass through. Perfect assassin's caliber with good range of bullet types. The FN57 is another favourite round for body armoured targets.

Hit the right part of the brain and a hat pin will do. Wrong part and a bigger round may not do the job.  Hence why some special ops are trained to double tap to make sure. A full nine rounds is overkill.

Edited by figgy

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

,22 less recoil very accurate, less prone to pass through. Perfect assassin's caliber with good range of bullet types. The FN57 is another favourite round for body armoured targets.

Hit the right part of the brain and a hat pin will do. Wrong part and a bigger round may not do the job.  Hence why some special ops are trained to double tap to make sure. A full nine rounds is overkill.

Anchor shots.  First shot dropped the guy,  the second one anchored him to the ground.