Syndicate - Being the Guinea Pig

PPP

Appreciate others experiences and advice..

A space has presented itself on a new syndicate following the collapse of the old syndicate at the end of the season.  Some of the same people are involved but it’s a new venture.  Last year wasn’t hugely successful and I’m cautious of jumping in and being a guinea pig for new regime however I’m equally keen to support 

Appreciate views.

14 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

But you would be happy to join if others take the risk and put in the work and make a success of it? 

My concern is kind of the opposite, that the others and organisers  might not put the work in...

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don't really understand what makes you a guinea pig if some of the same people are involved? Wont it be a new venture as you say, for everyone? 

Not very well worded, it’s the same organisers but new subscribers 

2 minutes ago, PPP said:

My concern is kind of the opposite, that the others and organisers  might not put the work in...

Then before you pay your money, you need a meeting where everyone can air their concerns and discuss why the last syndicate didn't work. 

1 hour ago, PPP said:

Sounds like fair concern. 

Why did it fail last time? Ask the organiser what happened and what they would do with issues. 

Was the last lot chucked off or left due to how bad it was? 

13 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Do you have an offer of another syndicate? If not you might just want to get all the info you can and join up or risk not having much of a season. 

Good point, I already have a few days lined up, probably 8/9 so I won’t be hungry!