Busy weekend......surprise....

eddoakley

Sunday was already going to be a pretty big day as we were christening our boy Freddy.

Unbeknown to any of the christening guests we were also getting married!

Mrs Edd (proper now) suggested it 2 months ago. Church booked, minister booked, family all there so why not get married too!?!?

There were only about 30 guests to the christening, the service was carried out and mrs Edd retired to a side room of the church "to sign some paperwork". All the guests were asked to remain seated for photos. A very quick dress change, a call for her father to help with something and then the music started as she walked down the aisle. Great reaction from the guests, only 2 of them knew, the MIL and my best man.

Anyway, everything went brilliantly. We had booked a local hotel for the reception and told everyone that it was for the christening. The rest of the day and night went perfectly with some great reactions from guests arriving that obviously had no idea. A great party had been organised entirely by Mrs Edd and things couldn't have been smoother.

Nobody was stressed about speeches and buying new hats. Nobody had to worry about finding gifts. Nobody important missed anything as family and a few close friends were there for the christening. 

Suffered a bit on Monday after way too much cider and at some point deciding that I should buy a rather large bottle of whisky but it was all worth it.

Edd

9 hours ago, eddoakley said:

That's actually kind of what happened.

Mrs Edd reckoned I was too tight to pay for a church twice. (Not even joking!)

I think that's brilliant, far too much hype and money around weddings these days.

Sounds as if you had a great day without any grief you didn't want.

Congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏 

Lovely way to do it and congratulations.

We couldn’t do with having all the fuss, so just the two of us popped over to New York and having the paperwork completed woke up one morning and said “today?”

Wish all the future happiness to you both.

Congratulations ,well done ,my mum n her mum had connived a 20 grand wedding till we snapped and said no .You did it so right its your big day no one else,s and everyone  enjoyed it which is most important of all:drinks:

Edited by clakk

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Just seen you made the papers ( ok, Daily Mail ) 🙂

I noticed that last night! Would have been nice if they had let us know.

I guess it was picked up from our local magazine that did a story. Still, I'm sure the mrs will be happy with it (she's not seen it yet)

Thanks for all the comments. It really was a great day and everything went perfectly.

Cheers

Edd