How many things do you need to hang up?

henry d

As I have gotten older I have started to buy tools as I need them rather than make do when we were just married and poorer.

My daughter has bought a house that needed a bit of TLC as the previous owners were elderly, however the guy had a fetish for hanging things up! I have taken down a dozen or more hooks and then decided to make a count.

69 hooks, screws, nails, pegs and he even used wall ties for some things, and that is just the shed and garage, the garden has hooks attached to fences, bird tables and several of the trees, then there is the two greenhouses. It must be near 90-100 . Who has that amount of stuff to hang up!

15 minutes ago, Ricko said:

My house was like that when I bought it, it must be an old person thing!

Oh dear, my shed is absolutely full of brackets, hooks, nails etc to hang all manner of things. However, whilst it may be an 'old person' thing, I know where everything is.

Far better, in my opinion, to have things on show where you can see them, than to have them stuffed away in numerous drawers.

OB

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

cause we all hate having to bend down...and when we do ....we do it with planning and thought.......when i am bent down ...i often say to myself..."what else can i do whilst im down here"....:lol:

You think that’s bad. I stand at the bottom of our stairs sometimes wondering whether I’ve just come down or about to go up .

OB 

15 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

You think that’s bad. I stand at the bottom of our stairs sometimes wondering whether I’ve just come down or about to go up .

OB 

:lol::lol:...ohhhh jesus thats bad..............

cant you keep a diary or something....or chalk a tally on the wall near the stairs with times and dates....then you will know...if you will come before you are gone sort of thing....

Edited by ditchman

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

cause we all hate having to bend down...and when we do ....we do it with planning and thought.......when i am bent down ...i often say to myself..."what else can i do whilst im down here"....:lol:

Bending down isn't a major problem for me...gettin up is!

9 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

OB 

Yep, go up the stairs, when at the top think.......what the hell did I come up here for!

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

I bet many on here have gone into their shed and once there, wondered,

'now what did I come out here for ?'

Happens to me all the time. Am I alone on this ?

OB

I came, I saw...........I got distracted, now I've completely forgot what I was doing and I need a pee.

Edited by Blackbriar

talk about needing a pee..............

about a week ago i got my body warmer caught in the landrover door at the spa shop....so i messed about for about 5 mins trying to get the door open....i couldnt....so i driv home....

then i had another go...i was there trying to get free for about 15mins...strugtgling ...cursing.....tears of sheer anger.....i could hardly move ..i felt hog tied..........now bear in mind i was a roughty toughty once upon a time....and used to travel the world on the govts expense and meet people and kill them...............ok ....got the picture ?

so there i am starting to struggle agin.......and yew know what.......yup......i was desperate for a pee.....i mean breaking yer neck for a pee..............and then for the first time in my life...I STARTED TO PANIC.:w00t:........so i stretched over to the left side of the vehicle and grabbed my leatherman...open the serated blade and cut the bottom quater of the body warmer off...IM FREE AT LAST....crawled across the consul ....opened the passengers door and fell head first into the hydranger.......got the old man out (which was starting to leak a bit) knelt down still i emptied my bladder....i was like a petrol pump....the relief was indiscribable..............

anyway ...i tidyed myself up went for a crow bar to get the door open....came back and found that i had dropped the door lock with my elbow....thats why i couldnt open it

now you know what a norfolk muppet is.............

No not considering the state of the garden we have almost filled an 8 cube skip with ivy and evergreen bushes and the bushes were de-limbed and squashed down to pack more in. Thankfully the scrap boys came past as we were skipping the lean-to greenhouses!