Boar calibre

What's the legal status of boar in the UK? Maybe you need a few Kiwi hunter/dog teams to sort out the problem. Damn effective. They kill way more pigs than rifle hunters here and no guns needed, just long knives. Brutal/dangerous stuff though. Not for me, but at lot of people seem to enjoy it. 5 minutes on YouTube will give you an idea of what it's all about. Probably not for the sort of people that are concerned about long shots at rabbits though 😀

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

What's the legal status of boar in the UK? Maybe you need a few Kiwi hunter/dog teams to sort out the problem. Damn effective. They kill way more pigs than rifle hunters here and no guns needed, just long knives. Brutal/dangerous stuff though. Not for me, but at lot of people seem to enjoy it. 5 minutes on YouTube will give you an idea of what it's all about. Probably not for the sort of people that are concerned about long shots at rabbits though 😀

I've never done that myself but know of a couple of people who have done it out in NZ. Not sure it would work here with the far smaller parcels of land. Plus it would be illegal from the start. 

50 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

We had some for dinner tonight. Similar to pork, less fatty, even more so if you take the skin off when preparing the animal. Slightly gamy, but nothing that would put off even the most picky of eaters. We treat it pretty much like pork, but it goes well in casseroles and pulled pork.

Thanks for that, might buy some and give it a try, thanks again. :good: