Semi

Smokersmith

My worry is I can't think who I'd bring on to solve the problem. We're getting overrun in the midfield. Scott and Walsh are too attacking minded, which is exposing our backline way too much. I'd be tempted to switch to a diamond. Bring Kirby on for Walsh and get Scott to sit in front of our defence. 

Parris has done so little.

9 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Stokes has been exposed.

There seems to be such a gap in class within the England team and USA are so ruthless at exposing it.

Houghton is world class, but teamed with Millie Bright who's been so ropy.

Scott's brilliant, but Walsh is there to be taken. and so on...

Beaten by the better side on the night. Our passing was so scrappy! All over the place at times. We were better once Kirby and Moore came on (slightly biased, due to the Reading connections!) but just no consistency! Can't believe Houghton didn't just put her foot through that pen!

Feel we played the better football in second half, the penalty you could argue is a red due to it being a definite goal and last defender, one USA player could of had two yellows in the first half. 

We got very unlucky, the offside was close and would of probably taken it to extra time. 

Still think the football was better than the men's team and the players should be proud of the achievements. Still have the third place game to Go too. 

20 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Can't believe Houghton didn't just put her foot through that pen!

Yeah that should of gone middle and broken the net or the keeper.. 

I've just watched the game, and I would have pretty much wrote that.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

Feel we played the better football in second half, the penalty you could argue is a red due to it being a definite goal and last defender, one USA player could of had two yellows in the first half. 

We got very unlucky, the offside was close and would of probably taken it to extra time. 

Still think the football was better than the men's team and the players should be proud of the achievements. Still have the third place game to Go too. 

Yeah that should of gone middle and broken the net or the keeper.. 

certain that Pen will haunt her, bad contact! The team was committed and passionate, did themselves proud, the mens game could learn a lot.

And as Neville said about USA against France, they managed the last ten minutes bent the rules and won the game.

Nearly 👏👏👏 

The difference lies in the fact that the American girls have come through the College Football route meaning they have been football professionals in all but name for several years. Training and coached full time.

The England girls, although they may play for big name teams back in England, are still very much amateurs or semi pro at best,  having come to it from an entirely different route  

Judging from the second half, if either the offside goal would have stood or the penalty been scored, it would have been an interesting extra time, the USA were by far the better team in the first half....but I think England were at least as good in the second half and could easily have won!.....Bright getting sent off probably didn't help Englands chances though!..........and as a postscript, I thought both Bronze and Houghton had average games, not their usual commanding performances.

On a lighter note, I recon the cameraman must be ******** Alex Morgan! I lost count of the times we got a full frame closeup of her during the match.............I noticed it in the previous match too!

America have great sport programs that are well funded. You can play sport and get funded through college. In this country unless you get your own sponsors or have wealthy parents most sports up and coming stars can't make it.

Watch America's men's soccer take off over next few years.  It's becoming more popular every year.

19 minutes ago, figgy said:

America have great sport programs that are well funded. You can play sport and get funded through college. In this country unless you get your own sponsors or have wealthy parents most sports up and coming stars can't make it.

Watch America's men's soccer take off over next few years.  It's becoming more popular every year.

My other half's daughter is a cheerleader and has been in the England team representing this country in competitions in America. The mums and dads of our team have to fund their own kids to go. The American college teams turn up in massive signwritten tour buses and their stay is all expenses paid 

The difference is so noticable

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Our women's team is amazing, sure. 

Our men's team on the other hand couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat.

15 hours ago, stumfelter said:

This topic is a gift for those with a penchant for double entendres....

The England team was exposed, and cracks revealed. The Americans opened them up, got round the back and slotted a couple home.

Apparently.

did anyone watch the other Semi? I gave it ten minutes and turned over 🙄 

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:39, Blackbriar said:

The England team was exposed, and cracks revealed. The Americans opened them up, got round the back and slotted a couple home.

Apparently.

you're a very naughty boy 😄😄