Packham at it again

I received a reply via email from ITV regarding Packham being interviewed by Piers Morgan about his GL thingy and the dead birds on his gate. I had asked why BASC hadn't been included on the programme as they had initially been invited. This is their reply:

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my response.

The GMB features team originally looked at the idea of having a debate regarding the row one GL and contacted Chris Packham as well as the BASC and other parties involved. 

The BASC came back to say that Dan Reynolds would be willing to participate and were told by the the producer that nothing was yet confirmed as the item  was only in the only stages and that we were also in contact with other potential contributors.

As the day progressed we decided it would be more appropriate to interview CP on his own and the BASC were informed with plenty of notice that Mr Reynolds would not be needed the next morning. The BASC were offered the opportunity to submit a statement for our presenters to put to CP which they did.

We look forward to speaking to the BASC again when an appropriate story presents itself again in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Good Morning Britain.

Kindest regards

Charlie

Viewer Services Supervisor

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

I received a reply via email from ITV regarding Packham being interviewed by Piers Morgan about his GL thingy and the dead birds on his gate. I had asked why BASC hadn't been included on the programme as they had initially been invited. This is their reply:

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my response.

The GMB features team originally looked at the idea of having a debate regarding the row one GL and contacted Chris Packham as well as the BASC and other parties involved. 

The BASC came back to say that Dan Reynolds would be willing to participate and were told by the the producer that nothing was yet confirmed as the item  was only in the only stages and that we were also in contact with other potential contributors.

As the day progressed we decided it would be more appropriate to interview CP on his own and the BASC were informed with plenty of notice that Mr Reynolds would not be needed the next morning. The BASC were offered the opportunity to submit a statement for our presenters to put to CP which they did.

We look forward to speaking to the BASC again when an appropriate story presents itself again in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Good Morning Britain.

Kindest regards

Charlie

Viewer Services Supervisor

So they decided it was just better to let one side have the whole soapbox to air their side and not to be countered. How very unbiased of them!

the bbc need to grow a pair and be factual and not be worried about offending non meat eating types  (un bias broadcasting ) way too PC  for me three stories ,,, three stories in depth recap on three  stories ,  nothing going on in the rest of the world good or bad  bias broadcasting at best  no good can come of it . just about ever presenter want to be is becoming a vegetarian to gain air time.           you don't have to pay licence fee and send e mail stating your reasons why if you wish       martin Lewis states why you do not need a  tv licence          bbc world news on longwave  radio more informative  as well as foreign news channels not to mention local radio channels let you know what's going on at home are more informative  than the bbc      so why pay for something  not worth having ???