moderators .243 & hmr

Jay_Russell

looking for suggestions for sensible priced mods for the above. 

browning t bolt hmr 

browning grade 5 xbolt pro .243 

really want over barrel type. ive read so many reviews i still cant decide whats biased and whats not, so im turning to you guys for suggestions. i dont want to spend a fortune! 

Edited by Jay_Russell
mongness

I have recently got a dpt on my 243 after previously having wildcat. It's a lot lighter to be fair and gives the rifle better balance. Have a wildcat whisper on hmr but to be fair for the money I would think a sak would work fine on hmr 

Go for the SAK on the HMR mate. I have these fitted to my two .17hmrs. I have a PES T12 on one .243 and a aimsport Triton 50 on the other .243. I think the PES is better from a balance and SNR perspective but there are a lot of decent centerfire mods out there. 

I used to own many different types, now I just use the Barton Gunworks range on everything. Light, so light it is barely noticeable on the barrel, moderates really well, robust, sealed.

The best moderation I can get on the 243 is with an MAE T12 and I tried many different types. But it is just too heavy to be used for any walking/stalking, perfect if you're a foxer though, I really don't think much beats it for noise reduction.