These doors will never hand straight

Davyo

I have witnessed similar unsecured loads. The drivers seem oblivious to the potential damage to others - not just to their load. They could have knocked a motorcyclist or cyclist off their bike and killed them. Equally, on of those hitting the windscreen of one of the many tailgaters doesn't bear thinking about.

Pulled out on by a horse box Sunday 2 horses in the back ,how do i know ,well the back door was wide open swinging in the breeze .And so i flashed my lights several times and did the horn to alert them ,imagine my shock as i went past as the seatbeltless woman driver steering 1 handed whilst eating an apple :mad:

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Didn't you flash him to try and get his attention?

I did once, but the doors where shut,maybe he didn't see.Just decided to hang right back.Plus with it been the kind of truck a traveller drives, I'd only be getting the finger.

Edited by Davyo

Not like a traveller to not strap down a load that is worth anything, I just gave away 2x greenhouse frames and some guttering to two different scrap collectors and both sorted, compacted and secured a couple of quids (max) worth of scrap alloy and galv.

22 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not like a traveller to not strap down a load that is worth anything, I just gave away 2x greenhouse frames and some guttering to two different scrap collectors and both sorted, compacted and secured a couple of quids (max) worth of scrap alloy and galv.

Well they wouldn’t want anyone nicking it so makes sense to secure it 🤭😚

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Looks like 2 idiots in film, first one with unsafe load, and second one kerbing his alloy wheel on 3 week old car.

Not kerbed mate,was going to stop and help so decided to pull up on path intendionally.Then aborted when wife said "let the mamory  pick it up himself.

15 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Looks like 2 idiots in film, first one with unsafe load, and second one kerbing his alloy wheel on 3 week old car.

No need for that, you have flawed vision - I saw something much different: A concerted amount of movement to the left consistent with steering the car over a kerb in a way that the tyre would mount the kerb, not the alloy. 

Brings back memories.  I was moving house and had strapped very securely, so I thought four sheets of ply to the roof of my Volvo. I was driving up the M42 at about 60 mph when the car behind flashed headlights.  I eased onto the hard shoulder and he followed me.  I climbed out and looked back and could see about 9 inches of ply jammed solid in the join between his windscreen and frame, so tight we could not pull it out.  He was a taxi driver taking a passenger to the airport and to say the least he was very shaken by the incident.  I showed him just how solid the panels where, but the 60mph had lifted the top layer just one foot back to the straps and broke it off.  I gave him my card and told him to go straight from the airport and get a new screen which had cracked right across. He said he was insured for windscreens but I insisted he send me the bill. The following day he called and I arranged to meet him back near the airport and I gave him the cash and enough to take his wife out to buy a meal.  

Just goes to show you can't be too careful. The idiot in the truck I just cannot believe. Very fortunate no followers in close proximity and congrats for spotting the impending disaster as nine out of ten would not have given it a second thought.

Edited by Walker570

I followed a guy with an old fridge in the back of his pick-up. Not strapped down and on every hill it slowly worked it's way towards the rear.

I think he was having a row with his missus as was weaving from side to side as well.

I dropped back - it was inevitable. It eventually fell out and sparked off down the road (it was dark). He took a while to realise and stop.

I stopped to help but they were both so grumpy I wish I hadn't bothered.

I've got the Nextbase 512 and think it's great.