Shot size

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but does anyone know what is the biggest shot size that can be owned on a section 2 licence.? Also do I have to deactivate cartridges that are to be used in a display case and if so any suggestions as to the best way to do it. Thanks 

44 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So you have to have a license to buy certain ammo?  

You need a licence for everything except airgun pellets over here, when I was hunting on your side of the pond the shells went through Wallmarts check out with the rest of the shopping.

42 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

You need a licence for everything except airgun pellets over here, when I was hunting on your side of the pond the shells went through Wallmarts check out with the rest of the shopping.

I’m guessing slugs would be considered rifle rounds?  If I have a shotgun certificate I can buy shot shells right?  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

2 hours ago, AYA117 said:

Oh yeah, you have no idea how lucky you guys are, but on the flip side we have long seasons and no bag limits. Oh and we have no public hunting except on the shore and that is not everywhere.

Ugh,  don’t if get me started on seasons and bag limits.  If the liberals keep at it I will only be able to hunt dove with a slingshot on the second Tuesday of November from 12pm to 3pm.  

Plus you guys don’t have to pay $200 tax on a suppressor.  

Thanks for the replies guys I wasn't quite sure how it worked . I was recently given some old LG cartridges and was unsure if I would have to destroy them. With regards to buying cartridges my wife who has never had a SGC used to collect them for me from the local ironmongers back in the 70s. Now I have to show my SGC to purchase them but can  then give them to my wife who would then be in legal possession of them......for some reason though she said she prefers flowers...…..women eh.. My point is at what stage would anyone be in illegal possession of standard shotgun ammo in the UK. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...