Missed call..

Gunnut

Had a call from my local firearms department which my son answered on Tuesday, rang back next day to confirm that the call was legit, spoke to police officer asking him to confirm the call, firearms department would not pick up, so was advised to phone 101, after listening to classical music for several minutes, I gave up. Firearms officer rang later to say, he was coming to pay me a visit on Friday to check the numbers on my guns, I'm only one year in to my shotgun certificate, never had a mid term check before, is this usual practise. Asked him the reason for the visit, he said, my certificate was rushed through, has there was a backlog at that time, although we had your full background details, also the officer at that time had left. any advice please gents.

No tea coffee or biscuits offered I keep it business like the more they get you to talk the more chance of tripping yourself up😉

paranoid or what😁

Always did the same with the vehicle inspectorate when they came to inspect my premises  they got nowt from me .

58 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Each to their own.

But ive found one thing in life, 

Being pleasant and freindly, even at the cost of a couple of "hobnobs" is easier than being a miserable old ****. (Trumper) 

Didn't say I was unpleasant just business like  they don't come to make friends 😊

1 hour ago, scutt said:

Didn't say I was unpleasant just business like  they don't come to make friends 😊

"I've found"

Other folk can do as they please. 

Cake,bisciits, tea, coffee or just plain simple nowt.

Nowt to do with me, but if you popped round round I'd offer you a cuppa and a snack. 😁

As an old ex old time copper, an offer of a coffee/tea and biscuits whilst the problem was sorted went down very well, unless of course I happend to have my handcuffs or even better in my hand at the time :yes:

The old adage .... if you know or think you have a problem, then put the spade away and don't keep diggin'. 

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, scutt said:

Gunnut asked for any advice and I have posted mine no axe to grind just my own experience offered .

Im not grinding anything scutt, and you have your opinion.

I don't think anyone is really, but its been a jokey kind of comment regarding Hobnobs and cups of tea for years on here. 

Plus an old English custom to welcome guests into your house with a cup of tea, or a drink of some kind. 

22 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Im not grinding anything scutt, and you have your opinion.

I don't think anyone is really, but its been a jokey kind of comment regarding Hobnobs and cups of tea for years on here. 

Plus an old English custom to welcome guests into your house with a cup of tea, or a drink of some kind. 

And Chocolate Hobnobs are by far the best!:good:

23 minutes ago, scutt said:

Smacks of bribery to me😁

But its not bribery, its called welcoming and being freindly. 

Its not all about getting something back. 

If i offered you a pint would you refuse thinking i would be after something in return ???

Had a couple of visits between renewals 

one was to check serial numbers as apparently I had two guns the same with serial numbers only one digit apart

apparently it was a unusual coincidence for this to happen 

the flo at the time preferred coffee and home made cake

hes just doing his job

i treat them like anyone and how  I would like to be treated he can always refuse and then bonus more cake for me 😊