Recommend a good semi auto?

Stephen-H

Anyone recommend a good value semi auto for around the £500 mark or less left handed shooter but I believe some of beretta & browning models have the shims to change the cast on them. Normally shoot over & under while pigeon shooting but that third shot would really come in handy 

Cheers 

The various models of Beretta tend to have a very good reliability record and tend to hold their value. Spares, even for the early models are readily obtainable in the UK, and if all else fails you can obtain them from Beretta eu on the web.

I picked up a very good AL390 for £300 off Gun Trader from a private seller. I missed out on an Outlander that was also a private sale, that went within a couple of hours of being advertised. Left hookers are obtainable but you need to be quick off the mark if they are priced to sell.

As Scarecrow243 has indicated, right side ejection from the left shoulder is in my view not the best way to go.

Edited by JJsDad

3 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

See if you can get a benelli they do left hand model with left hand extraction 

Cheers for the replies everyone 👍

There is a couple left handed benelli's on gun trader at the moment just advertised as 12gauge benelli mancino 

Mancino meaning left handed in Italian but it doesent state which actual model the benelli is 

Fair few Remington 1100s also 

True left handed with ejection port on left side Armsan A612 brand new for sale on Gunstar at Melbourne Guns £400.00. if you can find one used would save a few pounds. But new you get all the warranty.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

got a Hatsan from Branthwaites up in that area for 260 new have look see what deals they have on ,service was spot on

Ye can't fault branthwaites I normally get my cartridges from there & I've enquired about a gun in the past as well always good service & all the staff are very friendly 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

True left handed with ejection port on left side Armsan A612 brand new for sale on Gunstar at Melbourne Guns £400.00. if you can find one used would save a few pounds. But new you get all the warranty.

Thanks I will have a look it's a three year warranty I believe on them new isnt it 

I had a benelli manchino, it was just a left handed montifeltro. I got rid as I couldn’t adjust it to shoot as flat as I wanted. That and after using R/H autos for years i found a left hand one awkward to use. 

On 04/07/2019 at 12:42, scarecrow243 said:

Hi you dont want a right hand semi auto to use on your left shoulder as this can cause a lot of burnt powder etc coming towards your face you would be better looking for a left hand auto

I went back to a R/H AL391 with no issues whatsoever. The safety can be changed over in about 30 seconds, shimed the stock over to suit and job done.

Although rare LH autos tend to be relatively cheap as the demands not that high. 

Im now considering an A620/sx3/391/a400 in 20bore. The Winchester and beretta seem relatively rare. Will be a long day in the car to get one. 

Hatsan in left hand new would be a gun fits your criteria.

Hatsans are reliable work great unbeatable for the money new.

Used shotgun the world is your oyster most semis will be fine last a lifetime, Browning beretta benelli Winchester the better known brands are good used buys.

Right handed vs left hand shooter.  i shoot left hand been using semi autos over 45 years, in that time had one left hand gun a 1187. it was fine, but so were all the right handed ones too. I heard about the gas blow back firts time around 1988 i heard it from a left handed 1100 shooter at a clay ground, he warned me, and 30 years latter thoudands of rounds i never had a singe issue ever.  Even with 10ga semi autos all right hand again never had a problem ever , Just saying.