scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Parliament has DELIBERATELY increased the risk of damage and disruption from a "no deal" scenario https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46803112

This is almost unbelievable, the sheer number of MPs who have shown more allegiance to the EU than the UK is shocking, how stupid can these people be, thank God this country is not at war. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

I think some on here need to go back and have a look at what we voted for. Not what you think we voted for, not what you believe is implied, not what you hope for, not what you dreamed about or what Borris, Putin or Mogg wants just the actual words of the ballot. 

I keep on hearing this rhetoric from the re-moaners over & over ???

I know exactly what I voted for, it was on the ballot form...leave

5yDfM3pl.png

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I keep on hearing this rhetoric from the re-moaners over & over 

I know exactly what I voted for, it was on the ballot form...leave

5yDfM3pl.png

Thanks for that it's surprising how many quitters thought they voted for something else  👍

JohnfromUK's post sums it up, & the re-moaners call the Brexiteers thick :lol:

Serious question to the whingers......Do you honestly think that Dismays deal is a good one.?..:rolleyes:

This rather simplifies the issue;  May's deal is only for the 'Transition Period' and theoretically will expire at the end of that period (December 2020 which is 21 months).  During the transition period - the final 'leave' deal is negotiated.  The problem (for me anyway) is that IF we fail to get an agreed deal for the end of the transition period - then the 'backstop' comes into force - and that is where I do have a major disagreement - because we can't exit the backstop without their agreement.

You can see how the negotiations will end up; the EU will ensure that we get no deal by December 2020 - so the backstop kicks in - then we are 'in' with no means of exit.  My guess is the 'final deal' will be stalled by them (especially the French who have already stated this) demanding rights to fish in our section of seas (or something similar).

Why it has taken 2 years to negotiate a non viable 21 month transition period is a good question.  The answer clearly lies in the negotiators lack of proper negotiation (one side dictates, the other gives in).

The real hard work starts during the transition period - when the long term relationship once the transition period ends are being negotiated. 

Oh, and by the way, the £39 billion payment that is part of May's deal is to cover the 21 month transition period - if this gets extended by the backstop kicking in - we have to pay another £15 billion per year.

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thanks for that it's surprising how many quitters thought they voted for something else  👍

We had months of daily TV debates and 'the leaflet', we all knew exactly what we were voting for the 'Deal' is a Remoaners wet dream to derail Brexit.  I see a storm coming this year and not just in the UK, the world is getting severely fed up of Globalists.  

On 07/01/2019 at 19:54, oowee said:

Cannot be any worse than the rubbish posted on here by the quitters who do not understand the world around them.

They are the world around you. I don't get the impression you're able to understand them and neither did the Remain campaign which is why Remain lost the referendum. 

This failure is being repeated across Europe and indeed the world.

On 07/01/2019 at 15:47, yod dropper said:

From IDS on R4 this lunchtime, in the event of WTO rules departure the French do not intend having any more customs checks at Calais than they do at present. Another red herring issue like the Irish border?

Well I've heard it from the French themselves so IDS was telling the truth. On R4s Today program this morning staring at 0652 hrs. Jean-Marc Puissessau, President Chairman of the ports of Boulogne and Calais seemed to have some difficulty getting through to Sarah Montague that it will make no difference if there is a deal or no deal, there will be no further checks at Calais than at present. It looks like more evidence that it's a phoney war, that we're being lied to, that it's more of project fear. 

I then hear in parliament a question asking which Free Trade Agreements would not automatically be transferred under no deal and all there was only a swerving answer so I'll be inclined to think for now that they will all be transferred automatically so we'll carry on as if nothing happened. 

14 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Looks more and more likely that my original prediction will come to fruition. We were never going to leave, regardless of the result. 

No deal is now off the table so that leaves the Mayday deal or stay in; guess which one will win? 

They can't take no deal off the table with petty amendments, it would require legislation.  No Deal is still the default position if Parliament don't vote May's *** through.  All this does is stop the Govt preparing as it should be doing for a No Deal outcome (and should have been since the vote).  Parliament in it's entirety has been woefully negligent throughout the whole process, they are not fit for purpose.

19 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Looks more and more likely that my original prediction will come to fruition. We were never going to leave, regardless of the result. 

No deal is now off the table so that leaves the Mayday deal or stay in; guess which one will win? 

As I understand it "no deal" isn't off the table, in EU law and in UK law the default position is on 29th March 2019 the UK WILL leave the EU....deal or no deal! It will only change if the UK ask for and the EU grant a delay in implemetation, or the law is changed!

Just beat me to it JRDS!

Edited by panoma1

1 minute ago, JRDS said:

They can't take no deal off the table with petty amendments, it would require legislation.  No Deal is still the default position if Parliament don't vote May's *** through.  All this does is stop the Govt preparing as it should be doing for a No Deal outcome (and should have been since the vote).  Parliament in it's entirety has been woefully negligent throughout the whole process, they are not fit for purpose.

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

Well I've heard it from the French themselves so IDS was telling the truth. On R4s Today program this morning staring at 0652 hrs. Jean-Marc Puissessau, President Chairman of the ports of Boulogne and Calais seemed to have some difficulty getting through to Sarah Montague that it will make no difference if there is a deal or no deal, there will be no further checks at Calais than at present. It looks like more evidence that it's a phoney war, that we're being lied to, that it's more of project fear. 

I then hear in parliament a question asking which Free Trade Agreements would not automatically be transferred under no deal and all there was only a swerving answer so I'll be inclined to think for now that they will all be transferred automatically so we'll carry on as if nothing happened. 

I dont expect to see this report on any prime time media outlet = doesnt fit narrative !

Mr Pussay knows which side his bread is buttered, the French Channel ports would be devastated if there is any hindrance to trade through them.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Just a nice little earner for them on the side? 

Us idiots having give away all financial control of our utilities (unlike Germany) in the falsehood of competition bringing cheaper bills, we are getting what we voted for? Just another shafting?

I can't see us ever being free now. Stymied by our own politicos?

The President Chairman of the ports of Boulogne-Calais, Jean-Marc Puissesseau has told the Today Programme that “the trucks will be passing as they are doing today”through his port. He confirmed that with customs his port will only be checking for veterinary and sanitary controls, “for which we have already been building infrastructure and parking, but that will not influence the traffic in Dover.”

“We will not control the exports, only asking the papers already, the custom declaration, that’s all! The import, as you won’t control [restrict], there will not be a queue in Dover because there will not be control, so where is the problem?!”

Maybe it’s time that scaremongering Remainers started to listen to the experts…

Once again Project Fear Mk2 gets shown up as a bunch of lies!

21 hours ago, oowee said:

Get the definition of LEAVE!

A small handful of 20 odd Tory remainers - enabled by a biased Speaker and gleefully assisted by the gloating Labour party (including their leavers) now appear to have gained effective control - and are seriously threatening the whole Brexit process.  "Democracy" in action.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

A small handful of 20 odd Tory remainers - enabled by a biased Speaker and gleefully assisted by the gloating Labour party (including their leavers) now appear to have gained effective control - and are seriously threatening the whole Brexit process.  "Democracy" in action.

Just thought I'd add a link regarding your post, even the pro remain left wing BBC seem surprised by his bias. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-parliaments-46810616

It begins to look like the politicians are fast gaining ground in their manoeuvring to successfully usurp the democratic will of the people of the UK to leave the EU, it makes my **** boil to see the undemocratic overt remainers, but especially the decietful, cowardly covert (for the good of the country! Let's have a People's vote!) remainers grinning, whilst wringing their hands in false concern for our countries future wellbeing!

Edited by panoma1