scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

It would have been equally unpleasant for both sides of the House for the "cash for questions" to have been debated in Parliament, as both sides probably had members who were implicated! They were ALL happy to let this happen................

But no proof that Rewulf is wrong? So that is carp, too?

No don't doubt it at all now that I have seen his post. I was struggling to find much with my phone and hospital wifi lol.

Given that Major appears to have done it for reasons of avoiding debate and embarrassment, then I agree it's out of order to be playing his face when he appears to be less than innocent in the matter.

There is a big difference doing it with agreement and doing it against the will of parliament. Hopefully Parliament finds a way to thwart any underhand activity. 

There is a big difference doing it with agreement and doing it against the will of parliament.

Not quite as big as doing it with the agreement of remain MPs and doing it against the will of the people.

Edited by Gordon R

2 hours ago, oowee said:

No don't doubt it at all now that I have seen his post. I was struggling to find much with my phone and hospital wifi lol.

Given that Major appears to have done it for reasons of avoiding debate and embarrassment, then I agree it's out of order to be playing his face when he appears to be less than innocent in the matter.

There is a big difference doing it with agreement and doing it against the will of parliament. Hopefully Parliament finds a way to thwart any underhand activity. 

Doing it with agreement, with the connivance of "most"  MPs, was to hide activity bordering on the criminal, from the electorate!  That was Parliament thwarting its own underhand activity!  Regardless of what  egotistical politicians may think, it,s the People who have sovereignty......it is only loaned to politicians. 

If Boris wants to prorogue Parliament, good luck to him!

The Remain bunch use every underhanded tactic that they can think of. They don't care who it hurts or offends. Even less about the electorate, but when they are threatened with some of their own medicine, they cry foul. It is nothing less than pathetic. 

It has come to something when a deceitful has-been like John Major is lecturing the country on what is right. It was bad enough with Teflon Tony Blair.

14 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The Remain bunch use every underhanded tactic that they can think of. They don't care who it hurts or offends. Even less about the electorate, but when they are threatened with some of their own medicine, they cry foul. It is nothing less than pathetic. 

It has come to something when a deceitful has-been like John Major is lecturing the country on what is right. It was bad enough with Teflon Tony Blair.

You know what boggles my mind ?

Its the fact that they seem perfectly willing to destroy their own credibility to attain the aim of stopping Brexit, I would have said integrity, but some of them had precious little to start with.
MPs that seem willing to lose their seat, in some cases , willing to deny the wishes of those that put them into those seats, willing to , in some cases , lose their only job.

It makes you wonder whats in it for them ?

Whilst many of the more vocal have financial security, does that not put them in the position of not really knowing how ordinary people feel about Brexit anyway ?
We keep hearing about their 'conscience , but the vote wasnt based on one persons conscience, conviction and aims, it was a popular , majority decision.

Do all these MPs think theres a job waiting for them in Brussels if they can stop Brexit ?
For services rendered ,as it where ?

If any of them had a shred of decency, and *cough* , integrity.. any MP that goes against the majority of their electorate, with regard to Brexit, and any other matter that is put to a local vote, should put themselves up for by election.
Otherwise I cant see how they can be doing their job ?

You are in the HOC to represent your constituency, not yourself !

Totally agree, but expect incoming about voting them in and letting them use their expertise. After all, they attend many committee meetings. It would be funny, if it wasn't so serious.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Someone should to tell Labour MP's that! The party have decided to oppose any Tory Brexit deal and support another referendum.....even though the vast majority of their constituencies north of London voted to leave!.....let's hope these Labour constituencies go over to the Brexit party!....same goes for Tory and Lib Dem MP's whose constituencies voted leave!

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Totally agree, but expect incoming about voting them in and letting them use their expertise. After all, they attend many committee meetings. It would be funny, if it wasn't so serious.

Do they get paid extra for those "meetings"?

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Someone should to tell Labour MP's that! The party have decided to oppose any Tory Brexit deal and support another referendum.....even though the vast majority of their constituencies north of London voted to leave!.....let's hope these Labour constituencies go over to the Brexit party!....same goes for Tory and Lib Dem MP's whose constituencies voted leave!

The Limp / Dumbs will never change their minds, and go over to TBP.  The hope of a job in Brussels when they leave Westminster is all they have to hang on to................or the House of Lords!

It makes you wonder whats in it for them ?

The House of Lords? Brussels? Quangos? Company directorships? The list is endless..........one thing is certain, it will NOT be principled retirement into oblivion.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They should start by telling that to Moggy.

Meanwhile down at the village fete i noticed Mrs Mogg had chosen a rider in the snail race. Torn between my respect for animal welfare but keen to see Brexit beaten firmly by remain, I backed two sliders in the 4.15 race. Despite the numerical advantage for remain in the constituency and the late start by my only active slider (no20) a victory for common sense was unfortunately not to be. Some outsider slipped through on the side (probably sponsored by the EU) and beat us all. 

OH the excitement of village life 😋

IMG-20190713-WA0001[1].jpg

The difference is, Parliament was told by the electorate to take the country out of the EU.......those MP's (of whatever flavour) in constituencies that voted leave should honour their constituents vote! Those MP's in constituencies that voted remain should honour the democratic vote of the majority.......And support and facilitate leave!.........

Any MP doing otherwise is acting undemocratically!...........as indeed are the remainers, who are constantly whinging and trying to undermine and overturn the democratic vote of the majority!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

The difference is, Parliament was told by the electorate to take the country out of the EU.......those MP's (of whatever flavour) in constituencies that voted leave should honour their constituents vote! Those MP's in constituencies that voted remain should honour the democratic vote of the majority.......And support and facilitate leave!.........

Any MP doing otherwise is acting undemocratically!...........as indeed are the remainers, who are constantly whinging and trying to undermine and overturn the democratic vote of the majority!

Absolutely,

Mogg is representing his constituents that won in the democratic referendum.

I'm not seeing many tree rats these days and put it down to Brexit you know.  Saw Digby Jones interviewed on youtube and that guy put it in a nutshell. The whole problem lies with the people WE elected to REPRESENT us in Westminster. THEY are responsible for the delay in getting out nothing more nothing less.  Could have been done and dusted two years ago.

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The whole problem lies with the people WE elected to REPRESENT us in Westminster. THEY are responsible for the delay in getting out nothing more nothing less.

Basically true, I think the elected representatives (who only 'talk') and the civil servants who actually negotiate and do any actual 'work' on their behalf are both guilty.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Full of her own self importance. I think she is basically thick.

She's just another remainer doing everything she can to weaken our negotiating strength to thwart Brexit

Edited by Dave-G

I love the way her view changes. When she first went to court, she said she felt physically sick when the Referendum result was announced. Now she says she was never a fan of Brexit. 

Lightweight attention seeker, who will have to stand behind the heavyweight John Major in the queue to sue.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

I love the way her view changes. When she first went to court, she said she felt physically sick when the Referendum result was announced. Now she says she was never a fan of Brexit. 

Lightweight attention seeker, who will have to stand behind the heavyweight John Major in the queue to sue.

Could have sworn she stated reversing Brexit was never her aim, she just wanted to make sure proper legal process was followed, which it was, making no deal Brexit the default position, if parliament couldn't agree. 

But remainders aren't that acquainted with truth or consistency. 

FB_IMG_1563119011470.jpg

On 13/07/2019 at 17:41, Rewulf said:

As I've said many times ,that includes ALL MPs.

As you know though , Mogg has always been anti EU , so why didn't he get kicked out in 2017 ?

Exactly! 

23 hours ago, oowee said:

Lets just hope that there is a way out of this mess where we either remain or have a soft Brexit and get the country moving again. Three years now of Tory procrastination. 

A soft Brexit is Remain by any other name......No thanks!

57 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Could have sworn she stated reversing Brexit was never her aim, she just wanted to make sure proper legal process was followed, which it was, making no deal Brexit the default position, if parliament couldn't agree. 

But remainders aren't that acquainted with truth or consistency. 

FB_IMG_1563119011470.jpg

I know him under his pseudonym........Billy Liar!