Brexit - merged threads

scouser

12 hours ago, henry d said:

So we distance ourselves from the EU and a lot of the developing world, even though countries like China are investing heavily in them?

12 hours ago, henry d said:

So we distance ourselves from the EU and a lot of the developing world, even though countries like China are investing heavily in them?

Sorry Henry, I did not realise you are in favour of giving British taxpayers money to countries with nuclear weapons programmes, and space programmes? And regimes which pocket most of the cash....

As for HS2, it,s merely a vanity project, that will only help business (and those with deep pockets) to get to London 10 minutes quicker! And it will ultimately cost twice it,s original forecast (if we are lucky!) And it will NEVER  recover it,s initial outlay.  But hey, if you think that we do not have any greater needs than this.....?

8 hours ago, henry d said:

Good luck with that given the news a few minutes ago

You are not a Corbynista, are you?

8 hours ago, oowee said:

They are all dead. 

No, they are not! One of them is the MP for Islington..............

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They might look like it 😆

Abbot and Corbyn , McDonnell as chancellor, is that you dream team ?

Please , give me bumbling Boris any day :whistling:

Like a cast for the Walking Dead!:yahoo:

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Then I have no answer 🙂 It's not blame but it's a fact that our memory paints the past favorably. Here we have people in the Tory party desperately clinging to the hope of divine intervention in the form of Boris. Clawing for that last gasp option that might provide the redemption they seek to turn the clock back. 

Is it time for an upper age limit for voting?  We have seen sixteen year olds being given a say on their future in Scotland, why should those looking to move on have an equal say? :whistling:

It,s a fact? Whose fact? Yours?  Mmmmm dodgy, to say the least!

5 hours ago, oowee said:

We got to this point because we were faced with a binary choice of leave or stay. The process was democratic against the binary choice offered. The offer of a binary choice in the first place against a nuanced position was flawed. 

Says you!  Shame how 17.4 million people would disagree with you!

5 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Spot on. 

And if we need a case in point about people living in the past it’s amply illustrated by those still banging on inanely about 17.4M votes...

Sorry, I didn,t realise your 16 million topped them!

5 hours ago, oowee said:

:lol: a good proportion of which, after 3 years have probably moved on.

and many new ones have joined, seeing how the Remoaners behaved like sulky children! And realising that Project Fear was just a bunch of lies! I personally know quite a few people who feared at the time for their jobs, and voted Remain, now they know it was all bovine scat, would vote Leave now!

Just now, pinfireman said:

and many new ones have joined, seeing how the Remoaners behaved like sulky children! And realising that Project Fear was just a bunch of lies! I personally know quite a few people who feared at the time for their jobs, and voted Remain, now they know it was all bovine scat, would vote Leave now!

Interesting the different circles we move in. 

5 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

On BBC world news this morning there was an interview at 6am outside the HoP and the interviewee, how I had assumed from the language was a Brexiteer, stated that 58% of UK public back Remain.

Dunno if it’s true but more anecdotal evidence that claims the leave numbers have increased are a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

Only one way to resolve it 😛 

Murmuring something about being one of 17.4M in their last gasps in all probability...🤣

BBC? You still watch that? (Well, you would, wouldn,t you, it,s so biased in your favour!)

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Interesting the different circles we move in. 

Yes, it is...were you not a civil servant at one time?

On 22/07/2019 at 10:28, Capt Christopher Jones said:

worth a listen

Why is he picking his nose? It,s a disgusting habit!

3 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

BBC? You still watch that? (Well, you would, wouldn,t you, it,s so biased in your favour!)

Yes, it is...were you not a civil servant at one time?

Yep but a long time ago now. I have been retired 8 years.  How about you. 

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:07, Raja Clavata said:

I think it more likely that a second vote will be held to avoid a general election, at least in the first instance.

That idea is nieve in the extreme. The idea of a second vote is delusional, can't you see that? the vote has taken place, you can't turn back time even though you don't like the way it turned out. It would create a constitutional crisis unless remain was not on the second ballot. Since all the people calling for a second vote are really only hoping to subvert the first vote it demonstrates their lack of understanding. The first vote would still stand even if some contrived ballot with loaded options tricked its way through to appear to cast doubt. You cannot set aside the result of the referendum, it happened, it can't be un-happened..

Edited by Vince Green

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Correct!  At least, they have no army YET....and as our Remoaner friends keep telling us, they have no intention of forming one! Which is strange when you listen to the new German leader of the EU...

Has anyone else noticed that the EU's push for an Army coincided with the UK and USA's withdrawal from Germany!!!

Funny coincidence or part of the plan???

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Sorry Henry, I did not realise you are in favour of giving British taxpayers money to countries with nuclear weapons programmes, and space programmes? And regimes which pocket most of the cash....

Why not we have nuclear weapons and soon we, well Scotland, will have a space program and we have"snouts in the trough" ?

You are not a Corbynista, are you?

You may want to check through what you have written before pressing return.

13 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I was abroad and my Turkish isn't up to much. That said, you clearly only engage in media that tells you what you want to hear.

The Grieve clip was worth the watch but I bet you didn't, did you...

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That idea is nieve in the extreme. The idea of a second vote is delusional, can't you see that? the vote has taken place, you can't turn back time even though you don't like the way it turned out. It would create a constitutional crisis unless remain was not on the second ballot. Since all the people calling for a second vote are really only hoping to subvert the first vote it demonstrates their lack of understanding. The first vote would still stand even if some contrived ballot with loaded options tricked its way through to appear to cast doubt. You cannot set aside the result of the referendum, it happened, it can't be un-happened..

OK, it's easy to cite naivety and lack of understanding. How do you see it all playing out then?

5 hours ago, henry d said:

I doubt the majority of Scots are silly enough to want to leave the Union, and if they did so, the UK nuclear arsenal would not go with them! What is more likely is that, if they do go their separate way, and stay in the EU, then they would find that they would not only be not receiving money from the UK government, but would wind up having to cough up a yearly sum to their Brussels masters. The EU is not going to take on any more basket cases, any newcomers will have to pay their way.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I was abroad and my Turkish isn't up to much. That said, you clearly only engage in media that tells you what you want to hear.

The Grieve clip was worth the watch but I bet you didn't, did you...

OK, it's easy to cite naivety and lack of understanding. How do you see it all playing out then?

I watch a range of media........across the globe. The Grieve clip attracted my attention, but yes, I could only stomach a couple of minutes of it, from this most treacherous of politicians.It,s on a par with Lord Haw-Haw.

5 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Has anyone else noticed that the EU's push for an Army coincided with the UK and USA's withdrawal from Germany!!!

Funny coincidence or part of the plan???

Yes, the germans will now have to pay in full for their own defence. That will certainly slow down the German economy! No wonder Merkel will move mountains to keep us in the EU,  as the german people will otherwise be asked to  give even more top Brussels!

6 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

I doubt the majority of Scots are silly enough to want to leave the Union, and if they did so, the UK nuclear arsenal would not go with them! What is more likely is that, if they do go their separate way, and stay in the EU, then they would find that they would not only be not receiving money from the UK government, but would wind up having to cough up a yearly sum to their Brussels masters. The EU is not going to take on any more basket cases, any newcomers will have to pay their way.

Unfortunately it is building and there is no concern about finances as the oil industry along with renewables are seen as a bottomless pit of cash and nuclear weapons can be returned south.

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I really don't know but a second vote is not going to cancel the first vote, (as many remainers seem to believe)  There is no delete button on history

Edited by Vince Green

SELMAYR-VIENNA-copy.png?resize=540%2C304&ssl=1

It’s not just Downing Street where regime change is taking place today, the EU is also in the process of replacing some of its unelected Eurocrats with other unelected Eurocrats. One who’s been a little bit too keen to act like an elected politician is Martin Selmayr, who’s got the chop after his attempts to manipulate the selection of the new EU Commission President backfired. After his scandalous appointment and ignominious downfall, Selmayr will presumably be out on his ear? Don’t be silly, this is the EU…

Instead Selmayr’s managed to waltz straight into another plum EU post as the EU’s Head of Representation in Vienna – it’s a clear demotion but he’ll have a nice €17,000-a-month salary with minimal tax to cushion the blow. He won’t even need to worry about what to do in the meantime, he’s been made temporarily reappointed as a special adviser to Juncker again until his poodle steps down in October. Classic EU rewards for failure, although failed UK appointees are hardly strangers to the revolving door either…

Source: Guido Fawkes

The Brussels trough gets deeper!

Caroline Lucas today joins Jo Swinson in saying she would not accept the result of a Second Referendum. The Green MP confirmed that she would vote down any Brexit deal in Parliament.

“If there were to be a referendum and Leave were to win it again, either more decisively or not, in the Commons would you then back a Brexit deal to leave?”

“Um, no I probably wouldn’t.”

She then went on to claim that “a majority probably would.” Guido doesn’t believe her.