Brace of .25's

Chaz25

Was looking for a .25 ......and then two came up! got the BSA supersport  SE first and felt kind of lucky to have found a gun in that calibre, but then the gunpower stealth my mate came across and much to my fortune passed it up! Its like something out of a bond film braking down to fit its soft case, it dose not shoulder to well at first due to the bottle being the stock but you soon adapt, but in all other ways its a very fine gun and I really like the calibre! very good impact energy!

48199002927_9657106b79_z.jpg

Probably need to get the scope in higher mounts .

Not got any first hand experience of thw gunpowers .

But read plenty of bad stuff .

Then again there was an airgun writer in the mags who loved them .they can be efficent  though giving huge shot count 

Super sport  should be good. 

With h+n ftt pellets 

wonder if you can make something so the stealth shoulders nicer? Looks nice and compact, just wonder how comfortable it is on the cheek?

as for the bsa, it's going to be very long once you add a mod?

I will have a.25 at some point, I've always fancied the bigger calibre, let us know how they shoot.

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Probably need to get the scope in higher mounts .

Not got any first hand experience of thw gunpowers .

But read plenty of bad stuff .

Then again there was an airgun writer in the mags who loved them .they can be efficent  though giving huge shot count 

Super sport  should be good. 

With h+n ftt pellets 

Agree! need higher mounts, I don't know about the problems with the stealth, I can see some weak points with the exposed valve and open piston slot aside from that its to simple to have big problems, I think there are many that own guns but don't fully understand them and fail to take care in the right way.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

wonder if you can make something so the stealth shoulders nicer? Looks nice and compact, just wonder how comfortable it is on the cheek?

as for the bsa, it's going to be very long once you add a mod?

I will have a.25 at some point, I've always fancied the bigger calibre, let us know how they shoot.

I think higher mounts will work, its the way you have to crane you head that makes it shoulder a little odd, its not bad on the cheek the curve of the bottle and foam cover work well, it is very compact as you noted its not refined in all its parts the plastics are crude, but it is slick, accurate and light so I can forgive some of the other aspects, also you have to be easy in cocking it and protect the knock valve when stored.

The bsa wont get a mod unless I carbine it the barrel is over 17 inch! there is quite some recoil to it, that I'm working on, its creeping in the stock so needs some thinking about. As for .25's well these both shoot well and with lighter pellets you can average over 500fps, I've put 50 shots through the bsa and 300 with the stealth, I think you get more impact energy at the cost of range and for me that's perfect.

Edited by Chaz25

22 hours ago, Chaz25 said:

I think higher mounts will work,

Chaz I got a tank adapter that lowers the bottle, works a treat, although it adds appx an inch to the LOP
You'll have loads of fun with it, easy to work on and they shoot brilliantly

The originals from way back got a lot of bad press but that's a thing of the past. Known issues "if you have them" are easily fixed and there's a ton of info and parts available if that takes your fancy

002.jpg

TTTA-img5-L.jpg

TTTA-Latest2.jpg

1 hour ago, Ooops said:

Chaz I got a tank adapter that lowers the bottle, works a treat, although it adds appx an inch to the LOP
You'll have loads of fun with it, easy to work on and they shoot brilliantly

The originals from way back got a lot of bad press but that's a thing of the past. Known issues "if you have them" are easily fixed and there's a ton of info and parts available if that takes your fancy

002.jpg

TTTA-img5-L.jpg

TTTA-Latest2.jpg

That's an interesting adaption! kind of kills the guns smooth lines but works! the gauge is of use, thou I can live with out it on my gun, with my set up its in the pump body :). I did put another 70 shots of H&N ftt's through it today, think it would be one hole in the target and every other shot through it if I was less lazy with my shooting, I have only got about 10m to play with in my garden but it says the same thing the gun is fine! I guess right from the first look I could see the base line concept and chassis are dam good with a lot of room for custom parts if I feel like making some!