Gwyliau gwych ar benrhyn Llyn.

JDog

‘A great holiday on the Lleyn peninsula’.

When we arrived here last Saturday the rest of the country was sweltering. It was 15 degrees and misty here. Thankfully conditions improved and we have had unbroken sunshine since Tuesday.

I’ve been to this area before with Highbird70 shooting woodcock and snipe but this is my first summer visit and it is an eye opener. Beautiful unspoilt countryside, deserted sandy beaches, clear water in the sea and amazing flora and fauna. The house we have rented is in the middle of nowhere and the sounds of the countryside have come right into the garden. Two highlights would be the sheer amount of Painted Lady butterflies on the coast and a Sedge warbler burbling away all night not 50m from my bed. Possibly not a highlight but worth a mention is a flight of more than 100 Ravens to and from their roosting wood every day. Pity poor lambs in the area.

The dogs have just loved being in the sea. Jasper is intent on reaching Ireland every time he goes in. Barney is more circumspect.

F1DCD405-BD12-4B78-9D70-E485138E24E2.jpeg

717FB654-94AB-428D-AC7D-F95DABA3815B.jpeg

3C1673C7-3E06-44D5-BBC8-42576939C75D.jpeg

D32B854D-ED70-435A-82E8-FB2A1E528C3E.jpeg

B8B5FDE7-4025-4980-A32A-48EA3CE72E0A.jpeg

Edited by JDog

That looks stunning ! sat in a sweltering office at the moment no air con 27 degrees.

JDog did you take a rod looks a prime lure fishing venue for Bass or Pollock.

is it available for rent ? if so could you pm me the details ?

A few more photos. This really is a lovely place.

08AEACDD-F423-41E3-ABD4-F0A0854DF990.jpeg

3EAB23D2-097F-4AB5-BF2E-90BFEA567FA6.jpeg

032AA2E6-6B10-48CF-A9A7-BFC066A1B175.jpeg

1 hour ago, scouser said:

Did you manage a pint in the  Ty Coch , it was voted the 3rd best beach bar in the world. 

We found it by chance on Sunday and had lunch there. It is a very well run place.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

who the hell wants to go abroad when we are priverldged to have vistas like that..............bet the dogs are loving it

Yeah sunset over the Caribbean from the BVI's is so overrated, the SW of Sri Lanka with a warm breeze pushing the breakers higher up the beach is too, the sun dropping behind the snow covered hills that surround Tromsø just lacks a certain something...

Nice photos, would like to have a go fishing there!

Edited by henry d

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Yeah sunset over the Caribbean from the BVI's is so overrated, the SW of Sri Lanka with a warm breeze pushing the breakers higher up the beach is too, the sun dropping behind the snow covered hills that surround Tromsø just lacks a certain something...

Nice photos, would like to have a go fishing there!

yes so nice to go somewhere where you dont have to endure being

1. shot
  2. murdered
  3. raped
  4. ripped off
  5. get some awful foreign desease
  6. spend so much wasted time getting there
  7. dont understand the lingo
  8. get eaten by sharks
  9. poisoned by jelly fish
  10. diarohea

and you cant even get a decent fried breakfast with barn fresh eggs and brown sauce

Just now, ditchman said:

1. shot
  2. murdered
  3. raped
  4. ripped off
  8. get eaten by sharks
  10. diarohea

and you cant even get a decent fried breakfast with barn fresh eggs and brown sauce

😂🥚🍳👌

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

1. shot
  2. murdered
  3. raped
  4. ripped off
  8. get eaten by sharks
  10. diarohea

Sounds like working in London apart from points 8 and 9 😝

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

1. shot
  2. murdered
  3. raped
  4. ripped off
  8. get eaten by sharks
  10. diarohea

Been to them all, and more and apart from 7, which wasn't a problem as the locals spoke English well, we even managed a full fry up most mornings if one wanted one.

Fantastic pics JDog. 

I've never been out of the country(and feel no need to), and when folks try to convince me that I need to go abroad, I tell them that I haven't finished looking around the UK yet, and it's pics like yours jd that prove that the UK is as pretty as anywhere on the planet. 

Did you not get down to Bardsey sound and see the Chough's ?  I know the area very well, having worked and lived on a couple of farms in the area also went to Bangor uni..caught my two biggest Bass near Pontlfni, the whole of the peninsular is very like southern Ireland. Welsh Andy from PW lives near Porthmadog 

Edited by islandgun

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Fantastic pics JDog. 

I've never been out of the country(and feel no need to), and when folks try to convince me that I need to go abroad, I tell them that I haven't finished looking around the UK yet, and it's pics like yours jd that prove that the UK is as pretty as anywhere on the planet. 

I agree, great pictures of what looks like a wonderful place. Whilst we've had holidays abroad in the past but have now come to the conclusion (brought on primarily by the wife's inability to fly, so ironically, thankful for that) that there are still many lovely places that we've not seen in the UK, so that's where our future short breaks will take us.

Thanks for sharing JDog.

OB

On 05/07/2019 at 15:16, WestonSalop said:

Will someone please delete this post? My family and I have been coming to the Llyn peninsular for years for holidays and weekends and have tried very hard to keep it a secret. Not fair!

Me too ,my friend and his family farm there and its a beautiful gem of a place unspoilt by London yonks and their double parked volvo,s J,D your a bad man for letting the secret out :lol: