Feeding ponds

Salmo

i have fed every day since the last shoot day i have about forty  canada geese and probably between  thirty and sixty malard  i had a walkers dog kill a lot 0f our nesting gees and mallard   but the mallard are nesting again last year i used about fifteen  tone of wheet and barley  plus a lot of spuds  sqashed with the car also a pair of swans have nested but thi persons dog chased them off there nest and wrecked the nest  cheers len

• 1 month later...
On 06/07/2019 at 07:29, Len2016 said:

i have fed every day since the last shoot day i have about forty  canada geese and probably between  thirty and sixty malard  i had a walkers dog kill a lot 0f our nesting gees and mallard   but the mallard are nesting again last year i used about fifteen  tone of wheet and barley  plus a lot of spuds  sqashed with the car also a pair of swans have nested but thi persons dog chased them off there nest and wrecked the nest  cheers len

Hope you had strong words with the owner. 

On 06/07/2019 at 07:29, Len2016 said:

That's it Len

Feed every day or at least every 2 or 3 and watch them bring off the chicks !

We have had a bumper year on our half acre pond and must have at least 100 mallard/ 30 tufted and numerous mandarin