Tommy Robinson,

redial

In the news again.

I don't understand why the media when reporting always remind us of his previous name. 

This never happens when reporting on people in the film world/ singers etc.

I am thinking of people like Elton John, Cliff Richard, Michael Caine and many others.

Unless of course he hasn't changed  his name officially.

Edited by redial
Error

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think in his case it's because of his history of using pseudonyms to distance himself from his history as a fraudster and petty criminal, whereas the others were trying to choose a stage name. 

Also, as you say, it could be the case that he hasnt changed his name by deed poll, and so Stephen Yaxley-Lennon remains his legal name.   

Don’t care what his real name is ,what I do care about is the amount of time and money wasted on trying to prosecute him ,I’m guessing by  doing so all the rapist , grug dealers ,murderers ,terrorists ,peadophiles must be all locked up and our streets are safe to walk on again 🤔

8 hours ago, redial said:

In the news again.

I don't understand why the media when reporting always remind us of his previous name. 

This never happens when reporting on people in the film world/ singers etc.

I am thinking of people like Elton John, Cliff Richard, Michael Cain and many others.

Unless of course he hasn't changed  his name officially.

Michael Caine too?

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

Don’t care what his real name is ,what I do care about is the amount of time and money wasted on trying to prosecute him ,I’m guessing by  doing so all the rapist , grug dealers ,murderers ,terrorists ,peadophiles must be all locked up and our streets are safe to walk on again 🤔

What are you on about?

If any of the criminals you mentioned committed their crime outside the front steps of a court house you don’t think they would be locked up? 

Your comparing someone publicly filming themselves breaking the law, after receiving warnings against the exact same thing, on the court steps, and broadcasting it to the world, to a murderer or rapist completely unknown to anyone, and then saying the Police / Justice system is wrong because those other criminals aren’t somehow magically identified and placed in prison? 🤷‍♂️

Lets hope this logic kicks in, and all criminals start videoing themselves and publicly broadcasting it along with their location and full ID details. 

Itll save Police billions in their evidence gathering investigations and attempts to identify criminals. 

He reported the news about some rapists going to court to highlight the truth of the situation .and made a video about it and posted it on social media .

Exactly the same as every other reporter from any news network is doing every day around the world .BUT because he  is who he is .and the dangerous string pullers at the top of the chain dont like that he is exposing their agendas then have him silenced .

Make no mistake-  to find tommy "guilty "of this trumped up charge is a warning to us all .that the freedoms we once took for granted have gone and you will "tow the line or be punished "

Edited by Ultrastu

What dont you understand about .making up daft rules to silence your opponents ,and only implementing them on 1 person when hundreds of others are" guilty "of exactly the same thing arent charged .? 

And then giving a 2 year custodial sentance,probably in max security prison.

Sounds like the communist state of britain

But i guess your happy with that eh? 

Ask your self also why were there reporting restrictions on these rapists cases ? .

The info was already in the public domain long before his report. So he broke no new news that day .

There were restrictions to protect people and correct legal process, without that the law is subverted and the guilty could go free, he stepped over the line and now is getting just reward for his narcissistic self promotion.

Yeah, but do you think he can be rehabilitated?

Don't you think that he should be entered into some kind of program, to help him see the error of his ways and that prison should be a last resort?

Surley we should try and help him before a custodial sentence is even thought about.

By law you can use whatever name you like without legally changing it, so people referring to him by his "real name" are actually mistaken. I agree his stunts were stupid in that he could have jeopardised cases by doing what he did.

I'm no fan of his or his loutish followers but it makes me sick to see the same old people decrying everything he does and referring to him as a fascist without saying one word about the rapey scum he is protesting about. Being described as a fascist, or being an actual rapist. Which is worse?

Edited by walshie

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

By law you can use whatever name you like without legally changing it, so people referring to him by his "real name" are actually mistaken. I agree his stunts were stupid in that he could have jeopardised cases by doing what he did.

I'm no fan of his or his loutish followers but it makes me sick to see the same old people decrying everything he does and referring to him as a fascist without saying one word about the rapey scum he is protesting about. Being described as a fascist, or being an actual rapist. Which is worse?

I agree totally with this but would add to the quote "Momentum" (formally know as militant tendency)  or are they the ones promoting the fuss.

10 minutes ago, walshie said:

Being described as a fascist, or being an actual rapist. Which is worse?

Ill hazard a bet that theres a good few people who would give the wrong answer to that question.

But like the word  'racist' , fascist  is just another one of the words bandied about these days with careless abandon.
Most people using it dont even know what it means, theyve just been bought up on WW2 movies , and they know 'nazis' are bad people.

This isnt a thumbs up to fascism, its a system as unlikely to work as communism, but weirdly, the latter doesnt get the bad press of the former, despite the higher death toll.

To say that TR is a fascist has absolutely no basis in fact however, like what he says or not, there is nothing to pin that particular label to him, call him a racist if you will, but to automatically tie him to the other is pretty foolish.
There are actually plenty of people who believe he has ties and support to Israeli interests, I wonder if they think of him as  their pet nazi?

I would look up the definition of fascism, it makes interesting reading, and the description of its method is far more closely tied to the people most like to  use the term.

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I'll tell you what, self promotion by any means, they have been given due process, their cases were reported by the press, done deal, to keep harping on about it does nothing for anyone except the self righteous ranters, and that is what TR wants, stir the pot again, keep the hatred seething. That's just as bad!

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

That's just as bad!

As raping kids ?

OK, case proven.

2 hours ago, walshie said:

Being described as a fascist, or being an actual rapist. Which is worse?

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Ill hazard a bet that theres a good few people who would give the wrong answer to that question.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, but went ahead and did it. He sought publicity and got it. He has to face the consequences of his actions.

That said, he is slated for basically telling the truth. He has a very narrow range of which subjects he speaks about and his motives are clearly open to question. His background and past behaviour do his credibility little good, but tell me if he is lying.

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I just google him.   I honestly don’t understand what he did wrong.  

From what I have read, This was the second of 3 trials and the reporting restrictions were in place until all the 3 trials

were finished, The defence almost succeeded in forcing a retrial because of Tommy's actions.