Who still wears a watch ?

Old Boggy

Having noticed a watch on here for sale and recently sold, got me thinking, how many people still wear a watch ?

I know that there are those computerised exercise wrist thingies that seem fashionable, but most people, if not all, have a mobile phone which obviates the need for a watch.

So who still wears a watch and probably feels undressed without one. I haven't worn one for many years now.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 6 watches 

Some are for best.

Some are weekend watches and i have a cheap ,but exellent casio waveceptor, for work .

I also have a phone but ,fail to see how getting that out of my pocket and pressing buttons and swiping and then struggling to see a small time in the corner of a dark screen out side then pressing buttons and finally pushing it back into my zip up pocket .-- is easier than turing my wrist to read the time on a large faced watch .

Doh .

I wear a fitness jobby but only because I can see who’s calling or read texts on it. If I’m on a machine it’s just easier to look and judge if it’s more important than the machining. 

Friends get ignored in work time so it’s great in that case. Also if I keep getting my phone out to see the time I find my lads think it’s ok too. Phones in pockets in our shop only

Thats a very good point .

I use my phone at work to calculate  stuff .it has apps on it that i use for working out stairs and roofs etc .

So im often looking at it in a work capacity .

The labours see me and think .oh its ok for me to call my buddy or girl friend instead loading the truck .or what ever they should be doing 

26 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I wear a fitness jobby but only because I can see who’s calling or read texts on it. If I’m on a machine it’s just easier to look and judge if it’s more important than the machining. 

Friends get ignored in work time so it’s great in that case. Also if I keep getting my phone out to see the time I find my lads think it’s ok too. Phones in pockets in our shop only

Given how injury prone you are i would have thought a watch was a bad idea in work??

I do and don't wear a watch, I have two good watches and two anytime watches, no phones allowed on site and like stu says I prefer not having to get my phone out to check the time.

I have had mobile phones since the late 80's and they have all had the time on them. I use my very mobile a lot every day but it is a tool and not a time piece, and I am not joined at the hip by my phone so often without it.

My watch is an automatic and stays on me 24/7/365 and only swapped for another if I am doing really filthy or potentially damaging work. 

22 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Thats a very good point .

I use my phone at work to calculate  stuff .it has apps on it that i use for working out stairs and roofs etc .

So im often looking at it in a work capacity .

The labours see me and think .oh its ok for me to call my buddy or girl friend instead loading the truck .or what ever they should be doing 

I’ve started using a calculator just so the lads don’t think I’m texting people . I’m the boss I know and 99% of the time it’s customers . I shouldn’t need worry I know 😞 . 

Do you use an app for stairs ? 

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Given how injury prone you are i would have thought a watch was a bad idea in work??

I do and don't wear a watch, I have two good watches and two anytime watches, no phones allowed on site and like stu says I prefer not having to get my phone out to check the time.

Me ??? Accident prone ? You must be confused lol 😂