Trying

Jacko3275

On 06/07/2019 at 18:16, mossy835 said:

years ago when looking for a perm to shoot on, i would ask any time now i have 20 farms to shoot on and more if i want them.cant shoot any more job to get round what i have,but down here there is a lot of farmers willing to let you shoot.

wished i lived near you, i am in the same boat jacko, i have come over from South africa and no one knows me.

every day i drive to farms and speak to farmers but still had no luck (even through you can see the birds smashing the crop and no one shooting its still a sorry we have someone)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Err bit close to the houses too ......

They look like there at the end of the wheat field but there is an old dairy field after that but the fields directly behind the photo where I’m stood is where they have been hitting the last day or so 

• 2 weeks later...

Dont get disheartened, it took me 5 years to get my first and only permission, I beat regularly at a local shoot full of farmers, drank with the local farmers in the village pub, put loads of miles and hours in but never got allowed a single day. Then out of the blue a farmer who had seen my card as I put them everywhere gave me a call and I got 600 acres. 

On 06/07/2019 at 12:26, Jacko3275 said:

Well been out today (sat) trying to find my first permission called to about 20 farms only managed to speak to people at five of those no one about or answering at the others so posted a business type card ..of those I spoke too said they would call if they needed me is that just a polite not interested .... am I going the right way what I’m doing 

hello, what is your location, you could start by looking for this season beating ?