Still gives me goosebumps at the end……..

KB1

• 1 month later...

Bonham took the triplet to a whole new level, but was a tub thumper. For a bit of speed, class and finesse take a look at Ian Paice - His solo in You Fool No One is used in the curriculum for advanced level drumming.

I'm a drummer and I don't mind a solo, but keep it short, sharp and in context - Don't make it an excuse for the lead singer to go enjoy a groupie!!

Dave Lombardo is the daddy in my opinion - Accurate, fast and always on the beat

34 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

For a bit of speed, class and finesse take a look at Ian Paice

I used to do a bit of session drumming back in the day and was a loose friend of David Coverdale… he introduced me to Ian Paice, who I would agree is pure class, and very modest (Back then at least) in his abilities.  I learnt a few things from him when he visited North Yorkshire a couple of times👍  I still have a kit in the garage, but these days I'm knackered after 10 minutes😫

17 hours ago, KB1 said:

I used to do a bit of session drumming back in the day and was a loose friend of David Coverdale… he introduced me to Ian Paice, who I would agree is pure class, and very modest (Back then at least) in his abilities.  I learnt a few things from him when he visited North Yorkshire a couple of times👍  I still have a kit in the garage, but these days I'm knackered after 10 minutes😫

Same as me - I manage 10 minute stints and then have a breather - I'm doing pulmonary rehab and drumming is great because every limb is moving.