Inverter for truck

Dougy

19 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I want something permanent about 1.5k and and pure sine wave, isolation switch and obviously fused. And sockets in the flat bed in a waterproof housing. 

Have a look at some of the caravan or camper build sites (us seem best) a few have a project section with loads of useful tips and diagrams etc

my lad uses a deep cycle battery and invertor to charge tool batteries and power kettle for a brew in a work van will find out what  size inverter and let you know easy to wire in you will need a split charger to divert to deep cycle battery / cable / terminals / invertor will  all  depends what juice you need from invertor     or a belt driven generator direct to vehicle engine may work out cheaper depending on what your needs are 

I put one in the camper I made a few years back I got it from maplins it came with nice thick cables that were connected to the battery terminals it was internally fused that was easily changed and had mounting tabs to fix it in place . one thing I will say is make sure there is plenty free air space for the cooling fan and clean the fan regularly

if you have the wish app on your phone have a look on it some good deals on them on there .

I've bought quite a few things off it with no problems and there customer services are great if you do

Edited by hodge911
Add information