BSA super sport SE carbine

Chaz25

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

Are these later .25 supersports proper .25 calibre? I know the early ones were actually .243

Nice job by the way chaz👍

That I'm no so sure of have to measure that! it was a barrel not sourced by me so could be old stock, thing I wonder on is, are the correct carbine barrels a full twist in 10inc on the rifling or like my conversion a half twist in 10 due to it being a cut and crown job.

Thanks for the compliment! funny how simple things can have a need for a lot of detail, I'm tuning my MK1 RAV4 or I should say starting the work, port and polish of standard components is quite a drawn out prosses the standard engine is very good but there is more power in there, its a matter of refining all the casting work some thing a factory can not do easily.

1 minute ago, Chaz25 said:

That I'm no so sure of have to measure that! it was a barrel not sourced by me so could be old stock, thing I wonder on is, are the correct carbine barrels a full twist in 10inc on the rifling or like my conversion a half twist in 10 due to it being a cut and crown job.

Thanks for the compliment! funny how simple things can have a need for a lot of detail, I'm tuning my MK1 RAV4 or I should say starting the work, port and polish of standard components is quite a drawn out prosses the standard engine is very good but there is more power in there, its a matter of refining all the casting work some thing a factory can not do easily.

Yerr, would be interested to know the actual bore size if or when you get time chaz. Regarding the engines, I used to tune the old fords. Pre-crossflow and Kent pushrod engines and pinto’s. Used to get loads more power and torque with port and valve work and different cams. Carbs, manifolds etc. Also two stroke tuning. Pre LC power banding. They were the days 😁👍

3 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

Yerr, would be interested to know the actual bore size if or when you get time chaz. Regarding the engines, I used to tune the old fords. Pre-crossflow and Kent pushrod engines and pinto’s. Used to get loads more power and torque with port and valve work and different cams. Carbs, manifolds etc. Also two stroke tuning. Pre LC power banding. They were the days 😁👍

Sounds like we have travelled the same road! I never done a Ford more A&B blocks Mini and MGB pretty rough castings so some fair power gains to be had, also a bit of two stroke tuning God I miss my KH250 and the smell of TTS!

45 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Sounds like we have travelled the same road! I never done a Ford more A&B blocks Mini and MGB pretty rough castings so some fair power gains to be had, also a bit of two stroke tuning God I miss my KH250 and the smell of TTS!

45 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Oh yes, the mini’s, lcb manifolds and reece fish carbs, 1340 big bore etc..........I’ve still got a good few of my old strokers, most in bits though😂

My mini ran a 998 cooper engine mainly standard apart from porting and my "67" MGB got a tune but I then got the V8 bug and tuned a SD1 to go in which in such a small car was an utter ripper! ho I did take a measurement of the bore .253 ish so looks to be a later barrel.

Out of interest what stroker's do you have left?

21 hours ago, Chaz25 said:

My mini ran a 998 cooper engine mainly standard apart from porting and my "67" MGB got a tune but I then got the V8 bug and tuned a SD1 to go in which in such a small car was an utter ripper! ho I did take a measurement of the bore .253 ish so looks to be a later barrel.

Out of interest what stroker's do you have left?

Yerr, looks like the later barrel. That’s good because the early ones are so pellet fussy that and some won’t even fit without a hammer. Strokers are mostly Suzuki’s. I’ve got a 1972 YDS7 Yam as well. These need digging out, half buried atm covered in dust 😂

DD2D00A4-45B6-463B-A600-5736D9A65A82.jpeg

697CDC4D-CF05-42CE-A118-530C9227DDA0.jpeg

My mate had a modern Hatsan in .25 must of been the old sizing as only old style Rhinos pellets would fit well and in my own .25's they pretty much fell through so got no use glad to say the stealth will run pretty much anything through it same with the BSA mainly, just better with a lighter pellet.

That's a great collection of bikes! my brother had the Suzi 250 GT pretty quick so I bet the 500 is a cracking ride!