Gamefair

walshie

I would check before you go that the reloading supplies you want are available.

If the exhibitors list has been confirmed, I would pre-order.

At lots of GF these days getting reloading supplies or even rifle ammo is difficult, sometimes even shotgun cartridges are not available.

Just Cartridges used to be at lots of these like the 'old' CLA  game fair and MGF at Weston Park, but do not bother for several years now.

Edited by Gameking

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask whether anyone who went to Hatfield today (Saturday) has had much rain. We were going today but as it’s been lashing down here most of the day, have decided to go tomorrow instead. However, last time we went to Hatfield, it had been raining hard the previous day and the whole place was under three inches of mud. The forecast is OK for Sunday but just don’t want a recurrence of two or three years ago.

Thanks for any replies.

OB

5 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Thanks for any replies.

Pal of mine is up there for the duration. He tells me it was getting a bit muddy by COP today. He reckons take a pair of wellies, albeit the weather is due to cheer up Sunday. I have slung a pair in the car, its no fun in shoes if it turns out to be ankle deep in mud

Edited by JJsDad

Personally I thought the game fair very poor compared to previous years.  The venue and layout didn't compare to Ragley, Belvoir or Harewood etc. The big names were not there. Plenty of guns but the fishing village wasn't worth the effort.  Very few toilets when you needed one and a host of other disappointments.  Not worth travelling a long distance to go to.  That's my veiw. 

Stayed from Thursday night until sun morning .free entry with basc so great saving there.met with shooting friends from all over the country priceless .beer and food usual prices but think of the cot to vendors ????? .clay line set up by g digweed. Stalls limited so smaller choice of goods same things with price variation £3-£15 .but had good banter seen new products so had a good weekend

me reggiegun and ginga went over Friday and spent a couple days in the caravan at a caravan club site. it was blistering hot Friday and rained through the night into sat day. by the end of sat it was getting very muddy.

quite a few complained about the clay line being so close to the stalls approx. 25yards. I'm surprised Mr. elf and safety didn't shut it down due to the noise.

it was very hard to talk to the traders when they had to wear ear protection.

all in all good weekend had plenty of beer and banter.

already looking to book next years dates for the caravan

10 hours ago, SPARKIE said:

me reggiegun and ginga went over Friday and spent a couple days in the caravan at a caravan club site. it was blistering hot Friday and rained through the night into sat day. by the end of sat it was getting very muddy.

quite a few complained about the clay line being so close to the stalls approx. 25yards. I'm surprised Mr. elf and safety didn't shut it down due to the noise.

it was very hard to talk to the traders when they had to wear ear protection.

all in all good weekend had plenty of beer and banter.

already looking to book next years dates for the caravan

Good point, not really thought it through, had they?

23 hours ago, BIG 5 said:

Personally I thought the game fair very poor compared to previous years.  The venue and layout didn't compare to Ragley, Belvoir or Harewood etc. The big names were not there. Plenty of guns but the fishing village wasn't worth the effort.  Very few toilets when you needed one and a host of other disappointments.  Not worth travelling a long distance to go to.  That's my veiw. 

There were plenty of toilets, but they were tucked out of plain view behind lines of stalls. You just needed to follow the signs.

On 28/07/2019 at 08:43, BIG 5 said:

Yep, agreed.

Ragley was definitely better last year, from toilets and layout to general atmosphere.  At one point I was trying to talk to one of these mould-in-your-ear hearing protection vendors, and couldn’t hear him, the clayline being a mere 20ft away.  What ejiot signed off on that, I wonder.

I bought a couple of small items, but we mostly just wondered round looking at expensive guns (me) and expensive ladieswear (the Missus).  Had a free beer courtesy of the vouchers in the BASC magazine.

I think I shan’t bother with the Hatfield House game fairs in future, and only attend the Ragley ones.

I spoke to a friend last night who went this year (on the Friday).  I didn't go this year but we have met up at the game fair every year for many years until this year when I 'missed' (Hatfield isn't very close and involves the dreaded Friday evening traffic for me coming home).  I did go to Hatfield 2 years ago.  He said it was OK, but very confusingly laid out - and not as good as previous fairs.  Several people from round here avoid Hatfield due to the travel, but Ragley is a regular for them.

I hope to go next year - Ragley is not far for me to go.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:48, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good point, not really thought it through, had they?

There were plenty of toilets, but they were tucked out of plain view behind lines of stalls. You just needed to follow the signs.

????????? signage was not great in my opinion and the toilets were not easy t find!

Gin Alley was ok though! :D:good: