AYA Yeoman Over Under Question

Wingman

I own a "Coral" which is the posh version of that Yeoman O/U gun, apparently a copy of a Merkel. The action is fantastic, excellent balance, lightweight etc. I had bough it as a lightweight 12g for my wife, but she always double-triggers it (fat finger!) on it's single trigger, while I can shoot it all day without problems.

Having taken mine apart, I can attest for the quality, the action is built like a tank.

Only "problem" is that it can be tought to open with small hands, and fishing carts from the action is a bit of a problem due to the lugs sticking out (that is, if you don't let the ejectors do their job)

Have to say for 200 quid it’s seems really nice for the money and well built. The barrel selector thing is a bit odd though as we can’t get it to fire with snap caps if it’s selected on the top barrel. Bottom one is fine I am assuming it’s probably something to do with an inertia system.

On 06/07/2019 at 20:46, Wingman said:

Hi all

friend of mine bought a cheap yeoman over under yesterday in lovely condition. Just noticed a button on the trigger anyone know what it’s for?

He/she wasn't shown around the gun and how things work by the dealer/seller??

On 07/07/2019 at 08:58, Wingman said:

Have to say for 200 quid it’s seems really nice for the money and well built. The barrel selector thing is a bit odd though as we can’t get it to fire with snap caps if it’s selected on the top barrel. Bottom one is fine I am assuming it’s probably something to do with an inertia system.

With snap caps in the first barrel (doesn't matter which one selected first) should fire... snap caps or cartridges. The second barrel relies on inertia so you will need to give the butt of the stock a whack with you hand or gently tap it on a mat to set second barrel. Or put safe on then off again will set second barrel.