Hunt master charged

ShootingEgg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Groling was wearing a chest camera and blowing an antique hunting horn !  now don't get me wrong here but she was out to stir up trouble ,the Guy should not have struck her ! but that's what she want him to do so she could film and take him to court ! she as goaded him into this stupid attack .

my take on it .thats all DD

31 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I would be surprised if he goes to prison.

Provided the linked news report is accurate, then, yep, agreed. What would appear to be against the poor hard done by woman is the fact (as reported) that there was no indication/report/ suggestion that the Hunt was doing anything illegal and consequently she was interfering with folk going about their perfectly legal activity and in a law court a mountain can be very quickly be reduced back to the molehill it always was.

It's  about time our police took action against these so called Sabs, monitors whatever, everyone knows they are there purely to disrupt, interfere with, intimidate, provoke retaliation and bait the participants.........why? Because they are jealous, hate "Toffs" and fancy themselves as urban guerrillas, fighting against the establishment.

Peaceful protest on public land and freedom of speak and to express ones opinion is one thing, but direct action, verbal or physical, on private land, towards people going about their lawful business should be stopped! 

How much personal verbal insult and deliberate provocation directed at you, could you stand before you did something about it?

Edited by panoma1

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I know you guys are getting tired of my questions but was this on public land?  I assume the hunter has permission to be there.  Plus would harassing a mans dogs for months on end not be illegal in its self?  

This is the issue, the anti and sab brigade get away with turning up face covered, hurling abuse at hunters and disrupting and confusing the hunt, 9 times out of 10 the antis are why foxes get caught, they flush them into the hounds or draw hounds to the hidden fox. 

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It's  about time our police took action against these so called Sabs, monitors whatever, everyone knows they are there purely to disrupt, interfere with, intimidate, provoke retaliation and bait the participants.........why? Because they are jealous, hate "Toffs" and fancy themselves as urban guerrillas, fighting against the establishment.

Peaceful protest on public land and freedom of speak and to express ones opinion is one thing, but direct action, verbal or physical, on private land, towards people going about their lawful business should be stopped! 

How much personal verbal insult and deliberate provocation directed at you, could you stand before you did something about it?

+1

Been going on for years, rent a mob, usually squatters picked up from around towns and driven out to hunt meets, they get paid for the day.

You can spot them a mile away and smell them within a half mile, had a few run-ins with them over the years.

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I know you guys are getting tired of my questions but was this on public land?  I assume the hunter has permission to be there.  Plus would harassing a mans dogs for months on end not be illegal in its self?  

This is foxhunting mainly huntsmen/huntswomen on horseback (there are some footfollowers) with a pack of hounds NBI, I think there's a difference with public land in the US, and public land in the UK? Nearly all land in the UK (99%?) is privately owned....public land includes roads, footpaths, parks etc and land owned by the local authority! 

Foxhunting takes place on privately owned land, usually at the invitation of the landowner! These Anachist, Hunt Saboteurs, chase after the hunt, on foot across private land, they are often masked and record everything on bodycams or camcorders, they deliberately impede, shout insults, and try to disrupt the hunt, in order to get a reaction....then they use the footage to claim assault against the hunters!.....the police, even if they're present, do nothing!....it's a bloody national disgrace!

And no we don't get tired of your questions.......if we do, no one will answer! Lol!

The (ex) Labour M.P. for Derby North, Chris Williamson, used to be a hunt saboteur. I remember him at one hunt at Elvaston Castle some time around 1969/1972. He was throwing marbles under horse’s hooves trying to unseat riders. Nice man.!

40 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

This is foxhunting mainly huntsmen/huntswomen on horseback (there are some footfollowers) with a pack of hounds NBI, I think there's a difference with public land in the US, and public land in the UK? Nearly all land in the UK (99%?) is privately owned....public land includes roads, footpaths, parks etc and land owned by the local authority! 

Foxhunting takes place on privately owned land, usually at the invitation of the landowner! These Anachist, Hunt Saboteurs, chase after the hunt, on foot across private land, they are often masked and record everything on bodycams or camcorders, they deliberately impede, shout insults, and try to disrupt the hunt, in order to get a reaction....then they use the footage to claim assault against the hunters!.....the police, even if they're present, do nothing!....it's a bloody national disgrace!

And no we don't get tired of your questions.......if we do, no one will answer! Lol!

So my question is if the land is private why are they not charged with trespassing?  The hunters have a right to be there.  If someone comes on my private property wearing a mask and disrupted my hunt I would call the police.  ( not really, I would deal with it myself but for the sake of a public forum I would call the police) 

7 hours ago, Swinton said:

Should get a couple of years .bet he will not do it again .diserves what he gets 

+1 This guy together with the other hunt master that was caught throwing a fox cub into a pack of hounds are not doing field sports any favours

Edited by blackbird

33 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

But the police would take action against you "if you dealt with it yourself"......which would probably lead to you losing your gun licence!

Could the hunt not act under “breach of the peace” and make a citizens arrest?

In England and Wales, constables (or other persons) are permitted to arrest a person to "prevent a further breach of the peace" which allows for the police or the public to arrest a person before a breach of the peace has occurred. This is permitted when it is reasonable to believe, should the person remain, that they would continue with their course of conduct and that a Breach of the Peace would occur.

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Could the hunt not act under “breach of the peace” and make a citizens arrest?

In England and Wales, constables (or other persons) are permitted to arrest a person to "prevent a further breach of the peace" which allows for the police or the public to arrest a person before a breach of the peace has occurred. This is permitted when it is reasonable to believe, should the person remain, that they would continue with their course of conduct and that a Breach of the Peace would occur.

You could get yourself into a lot of bother trying to make a citizens arrest, great in theory but you could end up being the one arrested by the police for assault etc. 

52 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Trespass is a civil matter, not criminal. Police would not take any action.

But they are doing more than trespass, they are committing Aggravated Trespass which is a criminal offence and the police should act and arrest them.

It's all in the link below.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/section/68

Edit - I believe the land owner or a direct representative has to ask them to leave.

Edited by Newbie to this