Hushpower silencer 20g safety

benny25

Hello i am new to shotgun silencers. I can get either Hushpower 20g or Atec . And as i understand it atec has some innertube for the wad while Hushpower is just like a normal rifle silencer without anything for the wad if i am correct ? And you must use full choke for Hushpower right ? Is the hushpower safe or do you get pellets hitting the silencer sometimes ?

Do anybody know the measurement for the Hushpower 20g exit hole in milliliters ?

/ Thanks Ben.

10 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

I am new to shotgun & having issues actually hitting something 😂, especially as the bottom barrel fires first.

I am well used to rifles, i know where to aim

I need to get some practice in, any tips

Get a couple of lessons on the clays with a good coach - money well spent.

12 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

I even missed a magpie in a tree 20m away 😱

First try pattern testing your gun so you know how it shoots 

firing top or bottom barrel first should make no difference to the shot placement

get some lessons ask yourself should you be shooting at live quarry  unless you can do better than 50%? 

9 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Scaring with non lethal means in line with GL 

Had i have had my Rapid it would have been an Ex Bandit 😍

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

First try pattern testing your gun so you know how it shoots 

firing top or bottom barrel first should make no difference to the shot placement

get some lessons ask yourself should you be shooting at live quarry  unless you can do better than 50%? 

true enough

No and no 

I use plaswads and have 1/2 choke in my mossy hush and .410 hush .

I could have cylinder choke if i wanted .but might have to have the end cap opend a couple of thou.

Saddelry and gun room can do this for u .

Personally i like 1/4 choke on pigeon decoying  guns .

Good day with my .410 hushpower today .

22 over a cut strip of wheat .

IMG_20190707_194634.jpg

On 07/07/2019 at 17:35, Capt Christopher Jones said:

I am new to shotgun & having issues actually hitting something 😂, especially as the bottom barrel fires first.

I am well used to rifles, i know where to aim

I need to get some practice in, any tips

Go to a coach and get a lesson or two; moving from a rifle to a shotgun requires a whole different technique - and not everyone finds the transition either easy or intuitive.  It is MUCH the best thing to get a bit of professional help.  Using the word 'aim' rings alarm bells - as you don't (consciously) 'aim' a shotgun! 

Edited by JohnfromUK

you do if its a sitting target 

15 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Go to a coach and get a lesson or two; moving from a rifle to a shotgun requires a whole different technique - and not everyone finds the transition either easy or intuitive.  It is MUCH the best thing to get a bit of professional help.  Using the word 'aim' rings alarm bells - as you don't (consciously) 'aim' a shotgun! 

you do if its a sitting target

I believe its to do with line of sight, as you'd be used to shouldering it in a different way. To compensate you'll lift your head up to see over the silencer (and get a line or bead by using it, same as you dont want to see a full rib just the flat) which in turn drops the poi. Even with my giraffe like neck, I never get it right, by allowing a drop to the shoulder to raise the front. 

After this chat, sod it I'm going to list it this weekend and buy a semi auto. 

Edited by strimmer_13

Guest cookoff013

patterning can detect a poi/poa issues.

subsonics (should be used with ) usually pattern pretty darn tight, so these discussions about what choke are a moot point. when i patterned my subs through some chokes, i was continually getting full patterns through every choke.

it is the line of sight, but it can be adjusted by adjusting the stock, but patterning should be done to detect poi issues then addressed in the correct manner,

On 07/07/2019 at 17:29, sitsinhedges said:

Just use fibre wads and forget about it. The investarm is a great bit of kit.

what this guy says, i`m under the influence, hes been using a hushy for "a little while now"

hello, i do not have a hushpower shotgun but looking at the one in photo i can see where the POI can change, it sort of needs a rear rifle type sight on the barrel to bring it up to the line of the silencer, then you would need to bring the stock up to align the sighting, there are butt pads that have a sliding plate like the Bisley Adjustable, any thoughts,   

On 11/07/2019 at 09:28, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i do not have a hushpower shotgun but looking at the one in photo i can see where the POI can change, it sort of needs a rear rifle type sight on the barrel to bring it up to the line of the silencer, then you would need to bring the stock up to align the sighting, there are butt pads that have a sliding plate like the Bisley Adjustable, any thoughts,   

You need a very flat bead on the front to help account for the barrel already pointing down. On my single husher I fixed an adjustable grub screw at the top rear of the tube almost like a reverse bead to.raise your head slightly when sighting thru it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have put o bit of gold paint at the back end of silencer it makes it come up better for me it seams to make me look down the silencer.

I have shot some nice crows with it since I put paint on i seamed to be missing high before it’s a mossy pump 20 with full choke as factory fitted.