Gun cabinet

NorfolkAYA

12 minutes ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Hi all

Just moved into our new house, does anyone have information regarding the law in putting a gin cabinet in a detached garage? 

Cheers Pete 

A detached garage isn’t ideal really in my opinion ( I have no idea what the law has to say about its suitability ) but much will depend on what your FEO has to say. 

I don’t know of anyone who keeps their firearms in a detached building. 

I think it would depend on so many factors; construction and security, local area risk, likely detection of theft risk etc.  It is really down to how the FEO sees it.

I would also be concerned that a garage (which usually has no insulation) can get cold and damp in winter, and very hot in summer - making it far from ideal for gun storage.

11 hours ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Hi all

Just moved into our new house, does anyone have information regarding the law in putting a gin cabinet in a detached garage? 

Cheers Pete 

I know nothing of the law but the golden rod dehumidifier  work amazing!   I have about 5 safes located in garage and barns.  I noticed moisture issues and I put a golden rod in every safe. None of the guns or ammo have problems now.  But make sure you get the American made one and not the Chinese.  The Chinese ones don’t last.  The American ones are lifetime warranty and I have had some for 17 years.  

• 2 weeks later...