Waste of police time?

washerboy

25 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

No those events saturate a very large area with LOUD NOISE, the plod did good

Just now, spurs 14 said:

Couldn’t agree more , they have vehicles and people all over the place , mess left behind and locals disrupted with all night noise , did good stopping them 

'Police shut down an illegal rave in Norfolk after receiving a tip-off that it was being advertised on social media.

Officers were called at 7.30pm on Saturday by a member of the public who spotted the event on Facebook.

They launched an investigation and discovered around 600 people enjoying a party at Massingham Heath near Grimston, King’s Lynn.

After monitoring the rave overnight, specially trained support officers were sent in to disrupt the event at 3.45pm on Sunday.

Three men, aged 25, 28, and 31, were arrested in connection with organising the party.'

Yes did a great job , after everyone had gone home 😂

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

'Police shut down an illegal rave in Norfolk after receiving a tip-off that it was being advertised on social media.

Officers were called at 7.30pm on Saturday by a member of the public who spotted the event on Facebook.

They launched an investigation and discovered around 600 people enjoying a party at Massingham Heath near Grimston, King’s Lynn.

After monitoring the rave overnight, specially trained support officers were sent in to disrupt the event at 3.45pm on Sunday.

Three men, aged 25, 28, and 31, were arrested in connection with organising the party.'

Yes did a great job , after everyone had gone home 😂

Now that was a waste of Police time.

10 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Is there such a thins as a "Legal Rave"

Yes , events such as Tribal gathering, Raindance and Fantazia events were very popular back in the day.

My business premises are located about 500 yards from Colwick country park, where the annual Detonate festival is a sort of rave.

The problem is , these events are an expensive affair at circa £50 a ticket and no option to bring your own beer ect in, so you have to pay the inflated prices therein.

Hence, illegal festivals/raves.

I've never been to Massingham Heath in Norfolk but I doubt if it's a hotbed of crime so the police probably don't have anything better to do but I have to question their right to "seize equipment". Since no one's been charged with theft it can't be considered as proceeds of crime so on what grounds do they have the right to seize it?

7 minutes ago, Westward said:

I've never been to Massingham Heath in Norfolk but I doubt if it's a hotbed of crime so the police probably don't have anything better to do but I have to question their right to "seize equipment". Since no one's been charged with theft it can't be considered as proceeds of crime so on what grounds do they have the right to seize it?

You'll find it's written down for you so question no more, cjpo 1994 sec 64. 

A constable who is so authorised to enter land for any purpose may enter the land without a warrant.

(4)If a direction has been given under section 63 and a constable reasonably suspects that any person to whom the direction applies has, without reasonable excuse—

(a)failed to remove any vehicle or sound equipment on the land which appears to the constable to belong to him or to be in his possession or under his control; or

(b)entered the land as a trespasser with a vehicle or sound equipment within the period of 7 days beginning with the day on which the direction was given,

the constable may seize and remove that vehicle or sound equipment.

and the wholesale illegal sale of alcohol, potential for supply of MDMA, and fairly decent public disorder when the law comes to shut it down.

can't really see where you're coming from on this?

Unless plod confiscated your glow sticks and put a ban on big fish, little fish, pizza box?

f.

These raves are organised as a business and they charge to get in. Who gets the bill for clearing up afterwards? We do

A couple of weeks ago a couple of people died at one of these events because they took some toxic illegal drugs being peddled.

These are not impromptu parties, don't think its  just a load of kids having fun

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

These raves are organised as a business and they charge to get in. Who gets the bill for clearing up afterwards? We do

A couple of weeks ago a couple of people died at one of these events because they took some toxic illegal drugs being peddled.

These are not impromptu parties, don't think its  just a load of kids having fun

600 people sounds a highly organised event. 

Probably the reason the Coppers didn’t go in and shut it down, crowd of that size they probably struggle to manage, especially all out of their minds on pills! 

18 hours ago, washerboy said:

Is it just me who thinks the police have better things to do? 

BBC News - Facebook tip-off leads police to Grimston rave
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-48904317

I think that the consensus of opinion on here is, yes, it's just you. 

Your opinion might change somewhat if it was adjacent to your property and you had to clear the mess up afterwards.

Totally agree with all the above comments.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

13 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Apart from curtailing the noise, mess, disruption and damage to property, three men were arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.

A job well done, I say !

But they didn't curtail the noise, stop the mess or disruption. They let the whole thing go on over night and part way through the next day. They sat there watching it all night.

53 minutes ago, Penelope said:

But they didn't curtail the noise, stop the mess or disruption. They let the whole thing go on over night and part way through the next day. They sat there watching it all night.

Exactly.

Maybe they didnt have the manpower to break it up at the time they first got the call.
But congratulating them on a job well done, when they have prevented pretty much nothing is a bit of a stretch.

I sympathize with locals who had to endure the possible noise and mess, but from what I can gather they didnt pitch up too close to the villages, more like half a km away, no defence I know , but do the police get active as quick when 20 caravans with associated lorries and plant turn up on the village green ?

Edited by Rewulf

On 08/07/2019 at 18:58, Westward said:

It’s next to Kings Lynn. Plenty for them to get on with sorting that place out!