Old gun that you regret selling???

tweedledee

On 09/07/2019 at 07:34, panoma1 said:

Could have bought an E Type, fixed head for £250.............that was getting on for 50 years ago though!

If I knew then.............

Man back in the early 2000s Roses department store had barrels of SKSs, Lee Enfields, and mosins.  They were $69usd buy two get one free.  If I had a time machine I’d have them stacked up to my waist in every room of my house.  

A ltd edition beretta 686 that I sold on here nearly 10 years ago..no 568 of 800..... I shot it so well too 😪

Did see it again on Facebook a year or so ago, someone Gloucester way purchased it I think.... so it's still about 👍

Screenshot_20190716-141012_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190716-141039_Chrome.jpg

Edited by chrispti

My 'Wish I'd never got rid of it' shotgun was a diddy little side-by-side. I never knew who made it, just that it was marked "The Fox". It was way too short for me and as light as a feather (so it kicked like a mule with heavy loads), but for some reason I could shoot really well with it despite it being so small and me being a lumoxing great 6'5" lump.

Memory tells me I part exed it against a Sarasketa O/U many years ago, but I wouldn't swear to it.

one of the first BRNO .22lr B/A................it shot soooo sweet with Eley and nice wood.......ive seen them since but not as well finished and nice as the early one i had..........

i know its not an expensive gun and there are loads about...but that one was a special memory for me..

Baikail o/u double triggers non ejector choked 1/2 and 3/4 wish I had a kept it wasn’t worth to much coin went to a driven partridge shoot the guy on the next peg had a brand new aya no1 I hit every partridge that came my way after the drive the guy couldn’t believe it lol Sold it right few years back should have kept it 🙄

3 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Baikail o/u double triggers non ejector choked 1/2 and 3/4 wish I had a kept it wasn’t worth to much coin went to a driven partridge shoot the guy on the next peg had a brand new aya no1 I hit every partridge that came my way after the drive the guy couldn’t believe it lol Sold it right few years back should have kept it 🙄

Talk to Wabbitbosher I've bought two from him at very good prices

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:49, Taileron said:

Franchi Raptor 12g. Had to sell it as I was going overseas for a few years and didn’t want to pay storage fees. The guy I sold it to still has it and won’t sell it back to me. Cycles anything, fitted like a glove, never missed a beat and looked lovely.

Would never sell mine.

• 1 year later...

My late father had two guns. A Henry Clarke that I still have and...why I've posted this reply...also a G E Lewis which was a twenty-six inch barrel 20 bore "light magnum" BLE. In other words 2 3/4" chambered rather than 2 1/2" chambered. But as I'm six feet four the Lewis always looked "odd" when I shot and and with the stock extended wouldn't fit it's leather case. so I regret having to sell it but don't regret actually then selling it. 

Some threads are worth resurrecting. 
I think the one I regret most is a  S1 Winchester Model 12 takedown, in 12 bore. It came in its own canvas, leather and wood motor case. A lovely thing.

I also regrettably sold a S1 Winchester Model 12 in 20 bore. Why I do these things I have no idea! 

I sold a sleeper of a Winchester 101 Field to a mate and regretted it each time I saw it, so eventually bought it back before it got knocked about, when he acquired a GE. I also bought back a Winchester 8500 after stupidly selling it. 
I have a GE I want to sell also, but people keep telling me I’ll regret it, perhaps they’re right but it just doesn’t get used anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Wish I had kept my Baikal, proper made in USSR o/u double trigger with allegedly half and full chokes. It was a bit on the short side but I still pine after it and it's incredibly shiny bores, mind you its replacement AYA yeoman sxs I traded it in for (with 200quid added) is still with me and not likely to be going anywhere ever.