WANTED Chrony F1 Parts

eifpaz

Hi All

I need some of the bottom metal rods for the Chrony F1. Only need 2. I have been intouch with Chrony and they sell them very reasonable but their shipping is terrible (3 times the ammount of the set of rods).

If anyone can help, please PM me.

Thanks

Eifion

2 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Measure the diameter of your rods and order some stainless rods from the bay or local metal shop and cut to size?

Thank you.

Sometimes it takes someone else to see the obvious. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Must be old age. 

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That's what I would use, titanium too.

Yep, though it doesnt really matter what theyre made of , all they need to do is hold the sunshade up.

Mine I just use without them, it takes a really bright day to need them, which doesnt happen very often 😂

34 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yep, though it doesnt really matter what theyre made of , all they need to do is hold the sunshade up.

Mine I just use without them, it takes a really bright day to need them, which doesnt happen very often 😂

Yes as long as the whole length is a metre or less it should be relatively easy to fashion some supports.

Welding rods of various diameters get used for an awful lot of other things round here!

10 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Bear in mind they will likely be imperial diameters (but could be metric) so check with calipers.

American so likely imperial.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes as long as the whole length is a metre or less it should be relatively easy to fashion some supports.

:good: