Exeter

Townie

You have the Sportsman Gun Centre  at Sowton - the M5 J30 complex area. The Gun and Sports shop in Heavitree (the Chard Bros). Any problems, then UKGR off the M5 at J26 - not to mention a good range of new/used guns and cartridges (just new these though). Not sour grapes here, as I very, very rarely shoot at the clays and am not, now, all that good, so I find that the superb facility at Ashcombe is somewhat too much for my meagre ability - but I emphasise that that is just me.

In mid Devon (chawleigh) there is Blue Fox Glade, cannot recommend them highly enough, owned by James Simpson who is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. they also run their own clay shoots once a month-next one is this sunday. Best gun shop I've been too. www.bluefoxglade.co.uk

14 minutes ago, stu64 said:

In mid Devon (chawleigh) there is Blue Fox Glade, cannot recommend them highly enough, owned by James Simpson who is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. they also run their own clay shoots once a month-next one is this sunday. Best gun shop I've been too. www.bluefoxglade.co.uk

Yep, if you go that far out of town, then you've just gone past Ladds of Crediton.

If you want a trip out there is South West Shooting School and North Devon SG both near Ilfracombe. SWSS hold regular registered shoots and in my opinion is a tougher set up compared to NDSG having shot both. Both are caddied rounds as neither set up has claymate.

Ashcombe Adventure does have claymate but the traps never move so the round changes very little. The skeet rabbits is good though.

I have never shot it but there is a clay shoot at Ashley Farm nr. Tiverton. Look on https://www.facebook.com/ashleyclayshoot for info.

I would have thought if you call into one of the gun shops listed above they should put you onto a few few local clubs.