Pigeons hitting wheat

Jacko3275

I’m new to this still trying to find a perm but just got back from walking dogs where I saw 2 definite flight lines and hundreds of pigeons hitting wheat but it not laid flat are they just feeding from the tramlines this is the second field in as many days that I seen this

5DE9F0DB-DD6A-4BE5-B521-CC4F059C31DF.jpeg

03AF240E-32AB-44ED-AAF2-DE9D7D51B908.jpeg

A918C9CC-3A64-48BC-BC2C-5D0B11D7596D.jpeg

Tried before got a no as it’s estate game shooting fields but then again didn’t have photo evidence 

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They start from the tram lines and work their way in.

Perfect time to contact the Farmer and off your services!:good:

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Go again, be polite, ask for one day, it may well lead to others especially if you can go in the week.

I’ll call tomorrow after work can only get no again at worst 

Don’t think they have released the game bird round there yet 

From earlier posts regarding this farm/estate you mentioned it was keepered and the keeper controls the shooting, if this is the case then approach the farmer again and ask him, if you can get the keepers approval would he be willing to let you shoot the field.

Mind you with all those houses in the background you or the farmer may get a few complaints.

Edited by old'un

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

From earlier posts regarding this farm/estate you mentioned it was keepered and the keeper controls the shooting, if this is the case then approach the farmer again and ask him, if you can get the keepers approval would he be willing to let you shoot the field.

Mind you with all those houses in the background you or the farmer may get a few complaints.

Hushpower 

17 minutes ago, old'un said:

They look closer than they are there is an unused dairy cattle field after the wheat field but  it’s the other fields behind where I took these pics that they where hitting the other day with similar flight lines

2 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

They look closer than they are there is an unused dairy cattle field after the wheat field but  it’s the other fields behind where I took these pics that they where hitting the other day with similar flight lines

You can play one against the other, if the farmer is in agreement about you approaching the keeper get the farmers full name, when you approach the keeper say, Mr xxx would like me to have a go at the pigeons hitting his wheat, but he as asked me to get your ok before I shoot the field, keepers like to keep the farmers onside, although you do get some keepers that don’t care about keeper/farmer relations.

Just now, pigeon controller said:

Not to divert the post but are Hushpower guns able to shoot steel cartridges which are not sub sonic but would be quieter than normal guns??

No, as the plastic wads fill up the baffles and can cause a block.

31 minutes ago, aga man said:

It doesn't look an ideal place to any shotgun to me.

If you watch the birds some more you may see them coming and going in a certain direction. Perhaps you could intercept them in an adjacent field?

It’s not ideal but the fields directly behind where the photo taken is, as that’s where they have the game shoots 

I’ll be in Cleethorpes this weekend if anyone want to give me some more experience in the field 👍😉 bit cheeky I know but do need it  

14 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

It’s not ideal but the fields directly behind where the photo taken is, as that’s where they have the game shoots 

I’ll be in Cleethorpes this weekend if anyone want to give me some more experience in the field 👍😉 bit cheeky I know but do need it  

Sadly i cant offer any help at the minute Jacko as i head for 10 days in the sun on Thursday.  Typically i have just spotted a good line too.

Just keep doing as you are, you will get your lucky break before too long and hopefully some rape and barley stubbles will come soon making things easier. 

My main point was, you dont always have to be on the exact field to be effective. 

Hours of observation and recon can pay dividends. 

Enjoy your holibobs  and if ye needs a spare gun giz a shout any time

1 hour ago, aga man said:

Sadly i cant offer any help at the minute Jacko as i head for 10 days in the sun on Thursday.  Typically i have just spotted a good line too.

Just keep doing as you are, you will get your lucky break before too long and hopefully some rape and barley stubbles will come soon making things easier. 

My main point was, you dont always have to be on the exact field to be effective. 

Hours of observation and recon can pay dividends. 

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:49, muncher said:

No, as the plastic wads fill up the baffles and can cause a block.

I thought it would be the other way around with fibre wads breaking up as they  pass  through the baffles, I have shot plastic and fibre through the 20g husher and never had a problem ?