An aternoon stalking

Had a great afternoon out last weekend, land owner hinting he'd been seeing a few deer about, so popped up to have a look around for him.

Most of the rough ground was covered with high grass which made things quite difficult, but still managed to get into a few Muntjac. Testament to the wildcat predator 12 moderator here... its not very often that you get the chance of a right and left on Muntjac!! Dropped the first deer, the second, stood right next to him, never battered an eyelid after the first shot !!! Rapid reload and a second shot saw the second munty down.

Had a good hour playing cat and mouse with a Roe buck after, which (whilst frustrating) was extremely rewarding when I finally managed to out smart him!! .... which made for an extremely rewarding stalk. One I wont forget !!!!

Final bag was 3 Muntjac and a Roe buck  with a delighted land owner.

20190707_202121-800x389.jpg

20190709_201416-800x389.jpg

20190708_001806-800x389.jpg

Edited by chrispti

15 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Don't you just love it when the act comes together?

Well done.

After seeing the height of the grass, I honestly thought I was just going for an armed afternoon stroll!!!!

Pleased it wasn't a wasted journey 

22 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Good work👍

21 minutes ago, Jelly said:

Good work mate. Well done. Fantastic looking rifle. 

Cheers 👍

13 hours ago, chrispti said:

After seeing the height of the grass, I honestly thought I was just going for an armed afternoon stroll!!!!

Pleased it wasn't a wasted journey 

Cheers 👍

Funny how things can work out like that.   A few weeks ago I got up at very silly o'clock to go stalking.   One - It was raining and that was not forecast.   Two - I am carrying a shoulder injury at the moment and it was hurting like hell.   Three - Because I had layed on the other one all night that was hurting too.   Sat on my bed arguing with myself about being a wimp etc.   Decided to go anyway.   Very glad I did.   Got three muntjacs.   Best morning stalk I have ever had.

2 hours ago, Grandalf said:

Funny how things can work out like that.   A few weeks ago I got up at very silly o'clock to go stalking.   One - It was raining and that was not forecast.   Two - I am carrying a shoulder injury at the moment and it was hurting like hell.   Three - Because I had layed on the other one all night that was hurting too.   Sat on my bed arguing with myself about being a wimp etc.   Decided to go anyway.   Very glad I did.   Got three muntjacs.   Best morning stalk I have ever had.

😂👍

I was cursing the land owner when I got to my bit, thinking how the hell has he been "seeing quite a few deer about" in 6ft high grass !!!

I suppose it really is a case of "you wont shoot owt sat indoors" 👍

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Very nice indeed. 

👍

• 2 months later...

I picked up a new 243 from Inverness in August and noticed a lot of 270’s on the racks I was told that 270 is a very popular rifle on the hills up that way. 

It’s seems like you fancy it so go for it as if you don’t there will always be a niggle in the back of your mind that you should have!