Pellet Lube

Rockhopper

I picked up some pellet lube from my local gun smith a couple of weekends back after talking to a couple of mates who recommended it, and had some very strange results.

Gun = Webley Exocet in .22 calibre

Pellets = Accupells and H&N FTT

Range = 25 meter indoor shooting range

I have been sticking to the Accupells and H&N's as they seem to suit my gun best of all, with the Accupells being the most consistant, and the H&N's generally hitting the target slightly lower and to the left.

After using a small amount of pellet lube on a sample of each make of pellet, I got myself settled down into a comfortable position with the gun held firmly to avoid any deviations and started to shoot.

I couldn't believe it. Both makes of pellet were flying all over the place completley randomly with no consistanacy. One would hit high to the right, the next would be low and right, next one would miss the target completley and the next would be at some other random point on the target.

After the test I threw away the pellets I had lubed up, thoroughly cleaned the barrel to remove any trace of the lube and put about a dozen pellets through to finish off the cleaning. I set up the test firing again using the un-lubed Accupells and H&N's and the results were back to normal, i.e. Accupells right on the mark and the H&N's lower and to the left.

I am certain I didn't use too much lube in the samples I used, and I used good quality pellets which I know the characteristics of when shot from my gun.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I picked up some pellet lube from my local gun smith a couple of weekends back after talking to a couple of mates who recommended it, and had some very strange results.

Gun = Webley Exocet in .22 calibre

Pellets = Accupells and H&N FTT

Range = 25 meter indoor shooting range

I have been sticking to the Accupells and H&N's as they seem to suit my gun best of all, with the Accupells being the most consistant, and the H&N's generally hitting the target slightly lower and to the left.

After using a small amount of pellet lube on a sample of each make of pellet, I got myself settled down into a comfortable position with the gun held firmly to avoid any deviations and started to shoot.

I couldn't believe it. Both makes of pellet were flying all over the place completley randomly with no consistanacy. One would hit high to the right, the next would be low and right, next one would miss the target completley and the next would be at some other random point on the target.

After the test I threw away the pellets I had lubed up, thoroughly cleaned the barrel to remove any trace of the lube and put about a dozen pellets through to finish off the cleaning. I set up the test firing again using the un-lubed Accupells and H&N's and the results were back to normal, i.e. Accupells right on the mark and the H&N's lower and to the left.

I am certain I didn't use too much lube in the samples I used, and I used good quality pellets which I know the characteristics of when shot from my gun.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

The same thing happened to me i shoot with a webley Raider 2 shot .22 and my ferrets went hungry that night because the gun had a mind of its own.