Pattern test

51 minutes ago, old'un said:

So on your old double trigger franchi which barrel do you fire first?

hello, well you have made me think on that so much i just checked the franchi the top barrel is 18.5 choke the bottom is 18.6 choke, front trigger fires bottom barrel back trigger fires top barrel, before this i had a lamber multi SST and had choke on bottom, much before that was a Bruno O/U double trigger but rear could shoot both barrels, now theres a thought on what model that was, at the club a few were just getting Brownings and Miroku 

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well you have made me think on that so much i just checked the franchi the top barrel is 18.5 choke the bottom is 18.6 choke, front trigger fires bottom barrel back trigger fires top barrel, before this i had a lamber multi SST and had choke on bottom barrel, much before that was a Bruno O/U double trigger but rear could shoot both barrels, now theres a thought on what model that was, at the club a few were just getting Brownings and Miroku 

hello, anyway i will not be using the franchi as its going to a young man who just starting out, i will just have the Yildiz and continue with the chokes as i like to use, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well you have made me think on that so much i just checked the franchi the top barrel is 18.5 choke the bottom is 18.6 choke, front trigger fires bottom barrel back trigger fires top barrel, before this i had a lamber multi SST and had choke on bottom, much before that was a Bruno O/U double trigger but rear could shoot both barrels, now theres a thought on what model that was, at the club a few were just getting Brownings and Miroku 

hello, anyway i will not be using the franchi as its going to a young man who just starting out, i will just have the Yildiz and continue with the chokes as i like to use, 

Could I just ask where those choke measurements came from? My only reason is that they are as near as damnit the figures that you'd expect to see stamped on the barrels which give their internal diameter. Assuming that we're talking 12 bore and that the barrels were made to - and have remained unworked since - standard CIP spec', then it would indicate that there was no choke, ie, True Cylinder. Just a tad confused here.

4 hours ago, wymberley said:

Could I just ask where those choke measurements came from? My only reason is that they are as near as damnit the figures that you'd expect to see stamped on the barrels which give their internal diameter. Assuming that we're talking 12 bore and that the barrels were made to - and have remained unworked since - standard CIP spec', then it would indicate that there was no choke, ie, True Cylinder. Just a tad confused here.

Yep, my franchi multichoke has the bore diameterers stamped on the barrel block.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i will check mine out later, those numbers were on the barrel

hello, well i checked the franchi falconet all over but could only see proof marks and serial numbers and the 18.5/6, the RFD i bought off must have measured the barrels as it stated 1/4 and 1/2 which barrels i have no idea, anyway it will be off to a new home soon,

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well i checked the franchi falconet all over but could only see proof marks and serial numbers and the 18.5/6, the RFD i bought off must have measured the barrels as it stated 1/4 and 1/2 which barrels i have no idea, anyway it will be off to a new home soon,

If it is fixed choke, are there any '***' stars?