World Cup Final

rimfire4969

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Channel 4 covering it live ?......heard something about it, but cannot find any programme schedule.

Great cricket by England yesterday, pity Jason Roy was given out, he was nowhere near that ball when he was dismissed, deserved a century.

3 minutes ago, twenty said:

Are Channel 4 covering it live ?......heard something about it, but cannot find any programme schedule.

Great cricket by England yesterday, pity Jason Roy was given out, he was nowhere near that ball when he was dismissed, deserved a century.

Yes, it is on C4 and Sky. Viewing figures could be huge. 

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Yes, it is on C4 and Sky. Viewing figures could be huge. 

Oh that's good news, thanks for that, I will have to try and find the right scheduling, at the moment C4 has the British GP all afternoon on Sunday 14th.

I avoided the news all day - didn't want to know the score before I watched the highlights. I almost managed to, but..........

At the end of my local news, at 6.30pm,  the fella says "Can't wait for Sunday - England in the final !"

The names I called him !

If England stick to their game plan, as they did yesterday, they'll walk it !

Great result yesterday (live streaming on iPad at work!) by a team playing to it's true potential ... do the same on Sunday and it's ours.

A buddy has tickets to Sunday #howjealous!

I was fortunate enough to see the South Africans beat the Aussies last Saturday at Old Trafford .. I think that helped by moving us away from the dangerous India, and sewing some doubt in the Aussies mind.

59 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Today's the day! How are we all feeling? Any pick for player of the match award?

I am nervous and unfortunately working. It was either my Brother or myself and a toss of a coin decided it. But I have the tv on so will be watching it and any customer will have to fit in with the cricket.

Man or the match. That is really tough before the game. With the bat, in form Roy has been very very good, but anyone of the top 6 or 7 are very capable of getting a big score. With the ball Woakes but again Archer or Woods can do great damage with good support in the middle from Rashid and Plunkett.

This is our year and is ours to lose.

4 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

Tense!!!!!!!

Archer though?

I was doubtful and thought it might be woakes.

He's quick though. 1st and second balls are vital!!

Ahhh. That's not good!

Oh dear oh dear

Edited by eddoakley

I've watched a lot of sport in my time and that might be the most incredible thing I have seen.

The six from the fielder stepping on the rope, the 6 of the bat from the throw, 15 off the super over, the 1st ball wide the run out.......Wow wow and wow.

Great tournament and amazing final.

Edd