Le Tour

Penelope

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think this one could be pretty feisty, but in the right spirit, hopefully. Froome's absence is a huge blow for GB, but it might help Ineos in the long run. Thomas looks in the mood to put early markers down - possibly to ensure he's more protected than Egaaaaan Bernal. Early form might buy him more support in the latter stages

I would have said tactical as well, G showed yesterday that he's the main man for Ineos with that last surge to the finish. Thought yesterday might have had more attacks but the dodgey finish probably had all the main GC riders just sitting back watching each other.

the bonus points has certainly given things a different twist, anyone know why they have brought this in? Has it been used before? It certainly shook things up yesterday.

also sure i saw a high seat in plain view of the road yesterday, that would probably get vandalised over here!

About 8% of people globally are asthmatic, consider the volume of air an endurance athlete processes over the course of a 5 hour event in zone 2 / 3, factor in zone 4 / 5 for the final stages. Not rocket science.

i don’t have asthma in normal life but often sneeze and cough like a dog with kennel cough after a 100 miler mid summer.

Obviously though when Froome does it when being interviewed after a mountain top finish he’s just doing it for effect 🙄